- Be nice. No personal attacks. It’s really not that hard.
- No spam or porn. This is self-explanatory.
- No advertising. This includes links or images in your signature or avatar, including logos and/or company names. You may not post your products, services, or promotions of any kind in this forum unless authorized by us in advance. Also, the Buy/Sell/Trade category is reserved for individuals or non-dealer businesses to sell their own used equipment. If you are interested in advertising with us, please visit our Advertise page or contact us for details.
- The Buy/Sell/Trade category is intended for surveying-related equipment. Please do not post firearms.
- No recruiters or headhunters. It is clearly posted atop our Employment/Contracting forum that recruiters and headhunters are not allowed to post without paying for advertising. Posts regarding employment are to be from the actual company looking to hire or the actual person looking to find a position.
- These Rules and Terms of Service DO apply to avatars as well. Nice try.
- Political discussions are not allowed. Anything you post that contains a political or religious lean will be removed and your account will be locked, banned or both. For example, if you want to talk about sports, don’t add political banter to your sports post.
- Please do not double post. Choose the forum that is most appropriate for your post and put it there. All posts in surveying-related forums are seen by the public and indexed by search bots, so you’ll get plenty of exposure.
We here at RPLS Today are indeed human and miss some things due to time constraints and other reasons. If you see anything offensive or miscategorized, please use the Report button associated with the offending post to let us know. Please do not use the contact form to report problems.
A word about censorship and freedom of speech
The US Bill of Rights allows citizens the right to free speech in a public forum without limitations imposed by the State. (“Congress shall make no law?bridging the freedom of speech.”) This forum is not a “public forum”; it is a private forum that is open to the public. As a general rule, however, we uphold the ideals of the Constitution and do not condone the censorship of ideas. We allow relatively free and open discussion about just about anything. However, we do adhere to a simple tenet of respect. There is no place here for personal attacks. Debate, fault, discuss the action and don’t abuse other members of the site. When in doubt, please remember this golden rule of message forum etiquette: It’s not just what you say, it’s how you say it.
What happens when rules are broken?
People need to grow up. If you break the rules or other ethical and common standards of public engagement in any way, including but not limited to name-calling, personal attacks, singling-out other users in a hurtful way, bullying or other ridiculous childish behaviors (including inane “Abott and Costello” banter), we retain the right to temporarily or permanently ban you at will and remove your posts at our discretion.
This is a forum where adults are supposed to get together and discuss surveying issues and maybe some other non-surveying issues from time to time. We invite you to amaze us with your ability to act like an adult and a professional.
If you write to us whining about your removed posts, banning issues or other reasons related to your abuse of the forum, we’ll most likely respond with something like, “Cry me a river” or “Would you like cries with your WAHburger?” along with one of the photos below.