Community Forums

San Bernardino base...

Share:

San Bernardino base line  

Page 1 / 3

mkennedy
(@mkennedy)
500+ posts

Taken on 30 November 2018. It's not a great photo--I was in a moving car. One day I'm going to walk to the median and grab some shots.

The picture is facing west from the east side of East Highlands Ranch in Highland, California.

Note: I couldn't make an actual link of the URL.

https://www.google.com/maps/ @34.1211911,-117.1741817,3a,60y,273.17h,72.39t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sMC091qsFgZbucA9Qve_Vyg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en

20181130 Baseline

Edit: the link was broken.

17 Replies
Andy Nold
(@andy-nold)
1,000+ posts

Here, try this:

Base line road at Church Street

Norman Oklahoma
(@norman-oklahoma)
2,500+ posts

Ho hum, just another shiddy day in paradise.

Richard Imrie
(@richard-imrie)
1,000+ posts

I've mentioned this before, but as a young engineering graduate, I was used as a chainman by the Surveyors. So one day I'm out with a graduate surveyor and we are driving through town and suddenly he got very excited and giggled "we're getting very close to the Baseline, do you know what that is?" I gave it some serious thought, and not knowing what a Baseline was, but knowing the guy (and his off-duty behavoir) quite well, I replied "a nightclub?" He nearly fell out of the car in disgust.

2 Replies
Stiets
(@stiets)

20+ posts
Posted by: Richard Imrie

I've mentioned this before, but as a young engineering graduate, I was used as a chainman by the Surveyors. So one day I'm out with a graduate surveyor and we are driving through town and suddenly he got very excited and giggled "we're getting very close to the Baseline, do you know what that is?" I gave it some serious thought, and not knowing what a Baseline was, but knowing the guy (and his off-duty behavoir) quite well, I replied "a nightclub?" He nearly fell out of the car in disgust.

This reminds me when I used to drive up to Umaine from CT. I would see the 2 Rod Road overpass on I-95 just south of Exit #42, my wife never understood and still doesn't but that's ok.

Peter Lothian
(@peter-lothian)

250+ posts
Posted by: Stiets
Posted by: Richard Imrie

This reminds me when I used to drive up to Umaine from CT. I would see the 2 Rod Road overpass on I-95 just south of Exit #42, my wife never understood and still doesn't but that's ok.

There's a Ten Rod Road in Rochester, NH if you feel up to a road trip with the wife.

Dave Karoly
(@dave-karoly)
10,000+ posts

7th Standard Road, Buttonwillow, California:

https://www.google.com/maps/ @35.4432199,-119.4425455,14.75z

There is also a Baseline Road in Roseville, California but that is on a Standard Parallel, not the baseline.

Page 1 / 3
:)
:d
:wink:
:mrgreen:
:neutral:
:twisted:
:arrow:
:shock:
:???:
:cool:
:evil: