1. Having trouble logging in to the new RPLS Community website?

Welcome to the new RPLS Community website. SurveyorConnect may be gone but the community is still here and going strong!

Due to the new website URL, you may have to login to your account again. It's the same login as you had before, but your browser likely won't recognize it, even if you set it to remember you. If you can't get logged in, you can reset your password. Be sure to check your spam or junk folder if you don't receive the confirmation message right away. If you still have trouble, send us an email at [email protected].

[ CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD ]

Dismiss Notice

TS16/Captivate to Carlson/Infinity/ACAD2018 total data flow

Discussion in 'Software, CAD & Mapping' started by Seth Bishop PLS, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Seth Bishop PLS

Seth Bishop PLS New Member

Licensed in:
    WA
    Good Morning from the State of Confusion/Frustration

So like many we have a TS16 with a CS20, running Captivate and Infinity...Well trying to run Infinity....We had coding issues, line work issues ect ect.. Everyones feedback was super helpful. Yet I need some advice as to what we should be using for total data work flow...Infinity is just too difficult and cumbersome to get the linework out of... My thoughts were captivate to Carlson/ACAD2018 and using starnet for adjustments.

We do lots of control work, monitoring, topo/asbuilts....my boss likes to adjust everything. We use GPS,Static, RTK, network RTK, TPS measurements..ect..ect...

We are looking for a more streamlined process...

Any thoughts would be helpful

2. Totalsurv

Totalsurv 3-Year Member

You could just bring everything into Survnet in Carlson. It would probably take a while to figure out how to manipulate the raw data etc. but if you are not happy with Infinity and already use Carlson it may be the way to go. You will still need a software to post-process GPS data.

3. squowse

squowse 4-Year Member

I have given up (for now at least) on writing an XSLT stylesheet to convert Leica XML to Starnet in a format I am happy with.
    Instead I am writing it in Python. It seems so far to be a lot more intuitive and powerful.