1. Having trouble logging in to the new RPLS Community website?

Welcome to the new RPLS Community website. SurveyorConnect may be gone but the community is still here and going strong!

Due to the new website URL, you may have to login to your account again. It's the same login as you had before, but your browser likely won't recognize it, even if you set it to remember you. If you can't get logged in, you can reset your password. Be sure to check your spam or junk folder if you don't receive the confirmation message right away. If you still have trouble, send us an email at [email protected].

[ CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD ]

Dismiss Notice

Today's find

Discussion in 'Surveying & Geomatics' started by mattsib79, Oct 12, 2017.

1. mattsib79

mattsib79 6-Year Member

Licensed in:
    KY
    IMG_0671.JPG I am working on two separate tracts. Tract 1 is 100 acres, tract 2 is 60 acres. All completely wooded with no road frontage. I had shot a couple of corners the other day and had done some calculations to look for some other corners.

Today I am back looking for one of the other corners and found this about 1.5' from where I had calculated the corner to be.

Still has string and weighs close to 16oz if I had to guess. Not sure if the age but one that size I would think would be pretty old.

R.J. Schneider likes this.
  2. flyin solo

flyin solo 3-Year Member

Licensed in:
    TX
    not to pee in the punchbowl, but maybe/maybe not. i've found a handful of those over the years and guess they just get routinely dropped by fence guys. though in your case the "maybe" sounds more likely.

reminds me of a really good friend of mine who kept finding these notched bones over the course of a couple decades of surveying. and he swore up and down they were commanche artifacts. problem being he was finding them with a frequency that completely belied that likelihood. one it dawned on me exactly what his collection old indian knife hilts really were: he'd amassed quite a pile of spiral-cut ham bones... i still send him youtube videos like this every once in a while:

eapls2708, Monte and mattsib79 like this.
  3. mattsib79

mattsib79 6-Year Member

Licensed in:
    KY
    I wish there were fences here. No occupation anywhere to be seen. Well some occupation on the east side of the farm but nothing running in this direction at all.

4. Nate The Surveyor

Nate The Surveyor 7-Year Member

Licensed in:
    AR
    Some chainman is in trouble...

TXSurveyor likes this.