1. Having trouble logging in to the new RPLS Community website?

Welcome to the new RPLS Community website. SurveyorConnect may be gone but the community is still here and going strong!

Due to the new website URL, you may have to login to your account again. It's the same login as you had before, but your browser likely won't recognize it, even if you set it to remember you. If you can't get logged in, you can reset your password. Be sure to check your spam or junk folder if you don't receive the confirmation message right away. If you still have trouble, send us an email at support@rplstoday.com.

[ CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD ]

Dismiss Notice

Keep your eyes open!

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by Adam, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Adam

Adam 3-Year Member

Licensed in:
    NC
    [​IMG]
    Stolen Surveying Van & Equipment
    Please see Ken Mills email below regarding a stolen vehicle and equipment. If you have any information you think would be helpful, please contact Ken directly.

"We think one of our survey trucks was stolen last Friday night. The truck is a 1998 Dodge Van, Short Wheel Base. I am attaching a list of the field equipment that was in the truck. I hope you will be able to spread this information around to all of the society surveyors. Also could you please send a notice to the adjoining state societies as well. "

Click Here for an Itemized List of Equipment

Ken Mills
    Blue Ridge Land Surveying, Inc.
    Asheville, NC
    Phone: 828-252-6092

[​IMG]

2. Jim Frame

Jim Frame 7-Year Member

Licensed in:
    CA
    They *think* it was stolen? What other explanations for its absence are there?

Mark Mayer likes this.
  3. Adam

Adam 3-Year Member

Licensed in:
    NC
    Maybe the PC took it to a holiday bash and forgot it?

Shelby H. Griggs PLS likes this.
  4. Dave Reynolds

Dave Reynolds 7-Year Member

Could be that they know that it was stolen and think it was stolen Friday night.

Adam likes this.
  5. Nate The Surveyor

Nate The Surveyor 7-Year Member

Licensed in:
    AR
    Yeah better check that!

6. SPMPLS

SPMPLS 1-Year Member

Licensed in:
    CA
    I thought the same thing, Jim. Reminded me of this story.

Many years ago the office manager of the company I worked for, and her husband, went out for drinks with another couple. The other couple was leaving on a two week vacation the following day. The four of them went to several locations during the evening and eventually the office manager and husband rode with the other couple, then got a ride home because they didn't want to risk a DUI, figuring they would get their car the following day. They went back to get it at "Joe's Bar" the next day and it was gone. They called the police and filed a report and made a claim with the insurance company. When the other couple returned from vacation, the office manager told them about their car being stolen from "Joe's Bar." The other woman replied "that's not where you left your car, it was at Elaine's Lounge." Sure enough, that is where they found it with 2 weeks of dust on it. So, they "thought" their car was stolen too.

7. Jim Frame

Jim Frame 7-Year Member

Licensed in:
    CA
    I'll cop to leaving an unlocked chainsaw in the back of a company truck while parked at a bar one night. Not surprisingly, it wasn't there when we came out hours later.

8. Ric Moore

Ric Moore 6-Year Member

You THINK it wasn't there when you came back out hours later...presumably inebriated.

9. Jim Frame

Jim Frame 7-Year Member

Licensed in:
    CA
    I was definitely inebriated, and the saw definitely wasn't there. The next morning I was no longer inebriated -- well, not much, anyway -- but the saw remained absent. It kind of put a crimp in our productivity that day, and certainly put a crimp in my boss' attitude, especially when I told him that I had failed to lock it.

BushAxe likes this.