Community Forums

Where are Trimble Instruments made?  

Page 2 / 2 Prev
  RSS

John Hamilton
(@john-hamilton)
1,000+ posts Member
December 7, 2018 4:54 am  

I toured the total station factory in Stockholm in 2006, at the time they were making S6's. I believe they expanded it for the SX10 production. I think it used to be the geodimeter factory. 

John Hamilton
It's been my fate from birth...to make my mark upon the earth.

ReplyQuote
gschrock
(@gschrock)
2,500+ posts Member
December 7, 2018 8:24 am  
Posted by: John Hamilton

I toured the total station factory in Stockholm in 2006, at the time they were making S6's. I believe they expanded it for the SX10 production. I think it used to be the geodimeter factory. 

It has grown to quite a large operation there. It is not at the same location as the very old AGA/Geodimeter facilities, but they've been at the Danderyd Sweden site (edge of Stockholm) for quite a while and have just done a major expansion. As I found out visiting a number of the major manufacturers facilities recently, they (like others) do not farm out (or go cheapo labor markets) for the manufacture of their top-tier gear, like total stations.    Pics and comments for my recent visit there. 

Well Stu I'll tell you, surfing's not a sport, it's a way of life, you know, a hobby. It's a way of looking at that wave and saying, "Hey bud, let's party!" - J. Spicoli

RADAR liked
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2 Prev
Precision Geosystems, Where Precision Meets Value.

Working

Please Login or Register