Community Forums

Share:

What were you surveying on 9-11-2001?  

Page 1 / 8

Wendell
Admin
(@wendell)
2,500+ posts

Were you working on 9-11? What were you doing? Where were you?

I was working at a great company called MMLA in Tucson (interestingly, I'm in Tucson right now). We managed to find a TV to watch news reports. It didn't take long for the owners to send us home. I don't remember what project I was working on but it was most likely a right-of-way boundary project somewhere.

How about you?

43 Replies
party chef
(@party-chef)
500+ posts

Grid-line layout and monitoring of a mixed use mid-rises in Seattle's Belltown neighborhood. We worked a full day. 

Bradl
(@bradl)
100+ posts

Just woke up, turned on the TV and saw the second plane hit.  After that, I went to class.  I honestly can't recall anything else from that day, except seeing that second plane hit. 

VA LS 2867
(@va-ls-2867)
250+ posts

I was staking curb and gutter for a road widening project.  Was in the office when the towers were hit, watching news reports on the web while preparing the stakeout data.  I was listening to the radio while staking in the field when I heard about the Pentagon being hit and flight 93 going down in Pennsylvania.  I remember how quiet the skies were that afternoon.

paden cash
(@paden-cash)
5,000+ posts

Had an appointment at 9AM (CDT) to meet a pipeline rep at a new development project east of town here.  After an hour he never showed.  I was sitting in a pasture twiddling my thumbs (no I don't listen to the radio in the truck).  I had a company cell phone and couldn't get any service.  I finally headed back in and stopped by my house to use the phone and saw the news on the TV.  Was going to fly somewhere in couple of days and that didn't happen.  Took me five years to even GET on a plane after that.

Page 1 / 8
:)
:d
:wink:
:mrgreen:
:neutral:
:twisted:
:arrow:
:shock:
:???:
:cool:
:evil: