Community Forums

Community Forums

Share:
Notifications

Update date on Topcon Hiper Pro receivers?  

Big Al
(@big-al)
500+ posts

When I connect to my base receiver, a Topcon Hiper Pro, using Topcon Receiver Utility (TRU) software, and go to the "File Explorer" section, under the files tab, I see a list of files that reside on my receiver.  Oddly, the files are all dated 1999.  I tried within the TRU software, and also by reading the Hiper Pro manual, to find a way to change the date of the receiver, but I couldn't find anything. 

Anyone have a suggestion?  Only reason I care is that my base has been behaving strangely, and I wonder if this might have something to do with it. 

4 Replies
Big Al
(@big-al)
500+ posts

Subscribing to the topic.  Is there a way to subscribe to the original post after it has been posted without having to write another post?

leegreen
(@leegreen)
1,000+ posts

That receiver is a victim of the April 2019 GPS Rollover. A firmware update is needed to correct the date issue. Not sure if Topcon  issued an update for that model. Not likely on old receivers. 

Big Al
(@big-al)
500+ posts

Thank you Lee. I was not aware of that. Now I have something to investigate. I will post back and let you know how I make out. 

Big Al
(@big-al)
500+ posts

I was able to update the firmware on the Hiper Pro receivers.

Topcon made a good solution for this issue.  https://www.topconpositioning.com/gpsrollover

I was able to find the Hiper Pro in the "GNSS Receiver List" and download the firmware and update instructions.  

The instructions did not correspond very well to TRU, at least the version of TRU that I have - version 2.6, build 562.26936 (Friday November 30, 2012).  EDIT - I updated TRU to the latest version, freely available from Topcon, and it seemed to correspond better to the instructions.

I connected to the receiver by bluetooth, and selected "Firmware Loading" and specified the downloaded firmware file.  The application and receiver did the rest.  When clicking "Information" in TRU, it now lists the current firmware.

Update base

Again, thanks for the help, Lee.

Scroll to Top