Community Forums

Share:

Trimble 5603 DR200 in need if service  

Page 1 / 3

Drratiug-survey
(@drratiug-survey)
20+ posts

Good Morning,

I recently acquired the new (to me) Trimble 5600 robotic total station.  i charged the batteries, plugged everything in and it wont fire up or initialise.  I spoke to my local dealer and they want to charge 700-800 to get it running (they would send it out for service, they no longer service in house).  I found another repair place in ohio that can service it for $600.00  

Any suggestions for other repair shops I can contact?  

14 Replies
1 Reply
ropestretcher
(@ropestretcher)

100+ posts

Give Seiler Instruments in St. Louis, MO a call.  We JUST had our 5603 serviced/new internal batteries.  Around $700 for a "basic" overhaul.  Well worth it.

VA LS 2867
(@va-ls-2867)
250+ posts

It internal battery is most likely dead, so the firmware will need to be flashed back on after replacement.  Getting a replacement battery for that instrument is going to get more difficult. It's been a discontinued model for a while now.   Transit and Level Clinic in Cary, NC did our instruments when I was at an old firm.  Great service always from them.

Richard Imrie
(@richard-imrie)
1,000+ posts

If you do get it done, also get them to align the tracker with the scope (and then tell me how to do it, so I can do it here, and not have to send it intercontinental).

Norm Larson
(@norm-larson)
500+ posts

Richard, I was a little stunned when I priced shipping to your county, so, I can't imagine sending an instrument ...

To the OP, if you find that you need some batteries I have several that I made for our use.  We are not even going to use the 600's even in a pinch, so I will sell them and they work much better than stock.

Richard Imrie
(@richard-imrie)
1,000+ posts

Yeah. Door to door, shipping an instrument from here in Fiji to USA is going to be US$400 each way. But we are stuck as nobody in New Zealand or Aussie services 5600's anymore. The main instrument we use is a Geodimeter 650 DR 200, which is a beautiful instrument and can be phenomenally accurate - I got it about 4 years ago from a guy in USA (he posted a couple of times on here) and he shipped it to Fiji (I tracked it online and saw it go via Aussie!). At that time NZ Trimble were still servicing them, so I got it done there, and about a year later I bought the equivalent 5601 and also got that serviced, but for both they didn't align the tracker (said they didn't know how to), and then after that they stopped service altogether. 

Page 1 / 3