Community Forums

Share:

[Solved] Total station data error in topcon.  

Page 1 / 2

wawefivoki
(@wawefivoki)
FNG

Hello RPLS community. I was in a college project on land surveying and detailing. I collected all the data on TS topcon 255 model. I tried to import a file from TS but it show error message showing "zero Objects". While i obtained the file its in some other .txt format which is not loading in excel workbook and its preety random looking which i have attached below. Is there any way to convert it to the desired format. I used topcon link to import data.

Help appreciated

11 Replies
Norman Oklahoma
(@norman-oklahoma)
2,500+ posts

I'm not familiar with that particular data collection software, but it looks like a raw data file which will require some software that can parse it. If you are looking for just coordinates out of your dc, probably there is a function in it to export a comma delimited ascii file.

KevinFoshee
(@kevinfoshee)
100+ posts

So are you importing the .tsj file from the Total Station into Toplink? If so, you should be able to export a .csv file from Toplink. I haven't used a Model 255, but, I would think my old 7000i would be similar.

1 Reply
Cee Gee
(@cee-gee)

250+ posts

I think Kevin is on it. I know I've seen files like this from my Topcon TS when I pressed the wrong button either on the TS or in Topcon Link. Topcon Link will likely decode this. Open this file in Link, then File/Save As & pick the format you want in the popup box & click Save (after telling it where to save the new file).

JerryS
(@jerrys)
250+ posts

Did you change the file extension to ".txt"?  Are these supposed to be coordinates?  Raw Data?

The Topcon Link Software you used to download the file will convert it to an ASCII text file.  But you must download the file first and open it without changing the extension for the software to recognize it.

MitchPTD
(@mitchptd)
50+ posts

I would suspect that he is using a GTS-255, with Topcon Link.  I believe in what he might be exporting, could be the raw data file, converted to a txt.  I am not sure, but suspect the error is directly in how he is trying to export the file from Link.  Been years since I used it, but there are plenty of youtube videos and manuals online.  

Page 1 / 2