Geo-Tronics.com SALES, SERVICE & SUPPORT

Community Forums

Their reputation proceeded them...  

Fredh
(@fredh)
50+ posts Registered

There was an earlier thread about other local firms that make you cringe when you come across their plans, that was today experience.

Pick up the recon package, saw logo of the plan on top and got the cold tingle down my spine, exasperated by the date, knowing the crew that would have been in the field, one of which was a brief colleague, years back (of which I have plenty of stories for another time)

Get to the site and 1st corner recovered:

Compass & tape down the north line, which the wire & blazes seem to meander a bit more than is respresented on their plat, at 1400' hit the east/west stone to find this beauty:

Its been all day & still cant wrap my head around setting a hole in a 50# stone when its resting on top of a 1/2 ton BFR. We'll see how she checks....
Thankfully turned a corner here and am now following different & more reliable foot steps, for the rest of the boundary

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 15, 2017 3:36 pm
holy cow
(@holy-cow)
10,000+ posts Registered

Otherwise known as a "sex" stone.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 15, 2017 3:39 pm
R.J. Schneider
(@rj-schneider)
1,000+ posts Registered

http://grammarist.com/usage/exacerbate-vs-exasperate/

field crew

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 15, 2017 4:42 pm
holy cow
(@holy-cow)
10,000+ posts Registered

Uh, we don't use the word exacerbate in polite company. What you do with your ex is your business but the rest of us don't need to hear about it.:););)

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 15, 2017 5:24 pm
paden cash
(@paden-cash)
5,000+ posts Registered

Holy Cow, post: 432773, member: 50 wrote: Uh, we don't use the word exacerbate in polite company. What you do with your ex is your business but the rest of us don't need to hear about it.:););)

Our Troop leader in Boy Scouts always had a talk with all us kids before each campout about exacerbating. We all just giggled at the kids that started blushing. 😉

"...I'm just amazed he even knew Jerusalem or Tel-Aviv existed..."
Paden Cash-disillusioned American voter

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 15, 2017 9:17 pm
FL/GA PLS.
(@flga-pls)
2,500+ posts Registered

paden cash, post: 432817, member: 20 wrote: about exacerbating

The Nun's in parochial school used to say it would make you go blind AND, as an extra bonus would provide a direct route to hell. 😉

"I,d rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead"....Jimmy Buffett
"All I know is, if you look around at the human race you've got to wonder what the hell God was thinking!" ...Lee Marvin, "Paint Your Wagon"

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 16, 2017 4:34 am
Peter Lothian - MA ME
(@peter-lothian-ma-me)
100+ posts Registered

Portable drill holes are real handy to have when you get into a tough survey. You should keep a few in the survey chariot.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 16, 2017 5:03 am
Mark Mayer
(@mark-mayer)
1,000+ posts Registered

Fredh, post: 432751, member: 12570 wrote: when its resting on top of a 1/2 ton BFR.

BFR? I've not heard that acronym before. Big F***ing Rock, perhaps?

EDUCATION, n. That which discloses to the wise and disguises from the foolish their lack of understanding.

EXPERIENCE, n. The wisdom that enables us to recognize as an undesirable old acquaintance the folly that we have already embraced.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 16, 2017 5:33 am
holy cow
(@holy-cow)
10,000+ posts Registered

That's why it's also known as a sex stone.

First heard those terms used together by a 60 year-old-plus lady (about 35 years ago) who owned and operated a convenience store and had a BFR in the area between the highway right-of-way and the driveway area. It was big enough to host a small orgy. I had asked her why it was where it was and she told me, "That's my sex stone." I, of course, innocently said, "What????" So she clarified that it was a sex stone because it was a big f***ing rock.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 16, 2017 6:15 am
paden cash
(@paden-cash)
5,000+ posts Registered

Holy Cow, post: 432860, member: 50 wrote: That's why it's also known as a sex stone.

First heard those terms used together by a 60 year-old-plus lady (about 35 years ago) who owned and operated a convenience store and had a BFR in the area between the highway right-of-way and the driveway area. It was big enough to host a small orgy. I had asked her why it was where it was and she told me, "That's my sex stone." I, of course, innocently said, "What????" So she clarified that it was a sex stone because it was a big f***ing rock.

We call them "Indian Love Rocks" down here.

"...I'm just amazed he even knew Jerusalem or Tel-Aviv existed..."
Paden Cash-disillusioned American voter

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 16, 2017 6:56 am
Fredh
(@fredh)
50+ posts Registered

FL/GA PLS., post: 432842, member: 379 wrote: The Nun's in parochial school used to say it would make you go blind AND, as an extra bonus would provide a direct route to hell. 😉

Was always told that's what to do when you are really lost in the woods; because someone is bound to walk by and catch you :scream:

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 17, 2017 5:16 am
R.J. Schneider
(@rj-schneider)
1,000+ posts Registered

Holy Cow, post: 432773, member: 50 wrote: Uh, we don't use the word exacerbate in polite company. What you do with your ex is your business but the rest of us don't need to hear about it.:););)

Cow, it's a definition, not a free sample of hand lotion. 😮

field crew

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 18, 2017 9:48 am
Howard Surveyor
(@howard-surveyor)
100+ posts Registered

So with modern measurement tools, or a small error in calculations, get your rocks off?

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 19, 2017 5:40 am
holy cow
(@holy-cow)
10,000+ posts Registered

Somebody had to do it..........................................

Precede vs. proceed
To precede is to go before, to be in front of, or to preface.[I] [I]Proceed[/I][/I], by far the more common of the two words, means to go forward, to continue, or to carry on. The words aren’t homophones, but their similarity in sound (and sometimes in meaning) makes them easy to confuse with each other in some contexts.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 19, 2017 6:06 am
A Harris
(@a-harris)
5,000+ posts Registered

And when Cavemen tied a rock on the end of a stick to find a mate, was that called a matchmaker?

In order of size: pebbles, rocks, stones, boulder, mountain

RPLS NE Texas
d[-_-]b

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 19, 2017 3:07 pm

Working

Please Login or Register

Save 15% on almost everything