Share:
Notifications
Clear all

That eerie negative vibe  

Page 1 / 3

holy cow
(@holy-cow)
10,000+ posts

It happened again today.  I was in a store when a young man crossed my path.  Although he made no sign of recognizing me I immediately felt that eerie negative vibe that told me he was potential trouble.  My brain raced in an attempt to identify him and some past experience with him.  Either we had a disagreement in the past or he was present when something negative took place.  Was he an unhappy client or unhappy adjoiner?  Was he a slow pay that I had to threaten with small claims court? Was he the jerk that cut me off in traffic last month?  Was he the blind referee from the basketball game I attended last week?

This is going to bug me until I figure it out.  I'm betting most surveyors have a long list of such people that set off their "warning" sense.

20 Replies
1 Reply
R.J. Schneider
(@rj-schneider)

1,000+ posts
Posted by: holy cow

It happened again today.  I was in a store when a young man crossed my path.  Although he made no sign of recognizing me I immediately felt that eerie negative vibe that told me he was potential trouble.  

I was in Houston the entire time, and I've got witnesses !

FrozenNorth
(@frozennorth)
500+ posts

Probably the equipment operator who parked in front of the backsight and left for the day.

Rankin_File
(@rankin_file)
2,500+ posts

been served paternity papers lately?

Octa-Frequency GNSS Receiver, Quad Constellations

Alan Roberts
(@alan-roberts)
100+ posts

That's happens to me with a lot of females  but no males. Speaking of which, my trips to the grocery store invariably involve some female asking me for assistance to reach something off the top shelf. Sometimes more than once in a visit to the store. They have no hesitance in requesting help.

I'm  1.900 m. It made me wonder what do males who are vertically challenged do. Considering the male machismo, do they just buy from the other shelves?

2 Replies
Norman Oklahoma
(@norman-oklahoma)

5,000+ posts
Posted by: Alan Roberts

That's happens to me with a lot of females  but no males. Speaking of which, my trips to the grocery store invariably involve some female asking me for assistance to reach something off the top shelf. Sometimes more than once in a visit to the store. They have no hesitance in requesting help.

I'm  1.900 m. It made me wonder what do males who are vertically challenged do. Considering the male machismo, do they just buy from the other shelves?

I resemble that remark at about 1.70 metres. I usually lever things off the top shelf with something long - like a bunch of celery, or a box of spaghetti - and catch it before it hits the floor. Most of the time. 

paden cash
Supporter
(@paden-cash)

5,000+ posts
Posted by: Norman Oklahoma

I resemble that remark at about 1.70 metres. I usually lever things off the top shelf with something long - like a bunch of celery, or a box of spaghetti - and catch it before it hits the floor. Most of the time. 

If I remember correctly, we were about eye to eye when we met.  And snatching top shelf goods at the grocer requires a little creativity for me also.   But I'm more of a mountain-goat than tool-wielder; I climb and grab.  My kitchen here at the house is '40s vintage and there are cupboards all the way up to the ceiling.  My wife catches me "counter surfing" constantly.  And contrary to her vocal opinions I have yet to "break my neck". 

Norman Oklahoma
(@norman-oklahoma)
5,000+ posts

My dog loves 'most everybody but once in a while she takes an instant dislike to a person she has not previously met for no apparent reason.  I apologize for her, but always regard it as very strong mojo.

Page 1 / 3
Scroll to Top