Service Before the Sale -- Supplies, Rentals, Repairs

Community Forums

Static Data Log Leica GS 14  

Peter Kozub
(@peter-kozub)
100+ posts Registered

Hi

99.9 % of the gps we do is RTK with local base and two rovers
all the time. We here the base and then localize of local brass monuments
and go to work.

Some remote sites the nearest monument is 100 miles or 100s km

so i would like to practice some logging of static data
then rinex gps data out to Canadian PPP which is like USA opus service
i assume.

What is the easy way to get the data from the microSD card
or can the data be stored directly on our CArlson Surveyor plus
by some means and not have to purchase microSD.

I doubt we will use the static PPP but just want to be ready to
if a remote job comes up so the budget to learn is small $.

So log
export
reinex
send to PPP/OPUS

Peter

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 12, 2017 12:24 pm
Cameron Watson PLS
(@cameron-watson-pls)
100+ posts Registered

Peter Kozub, post: 441725, member: 375 wrote: Hi

99.9 % of the gps we do is RTK with local base and two rovers
all the time. We here the base and then localize of local brass monuments
and go to work.

Some remote sites the nearest monument is 100 miles or 100s km

so i would like to practice some logging of static data
then rinex gps data out to Canadian PPP which is like USA opus service
i assume.

What is the easy way to get the data from the microSD card
or can the data be stored directly on our CArlson Surveyor plus
by some means and not have to purchase microSD.

I doubt we will use the static PPP but just want to be ready to
if a remote job comes up so the budget to learn is small $.

So log
export
reinex
send to PPP/OPUS

Peter

Logging the raw data to the SD card onboard the antenna will give you more flexibility. If you log it to the controller then the controller will have to remain connected to the antenna for the entire session. Not something I would typically want at the base end of the operation. A $30 SanDisk SD card will work just fine, you don't have to use the super expensive Leica branded "industrial grade" cards for this.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 12, 2017 1:53 pm
Peter Kozub
(@peter-kozub)
100+ posts Registered

Cameron Watson PLS, post: 441753, member: 11407 wrote: If you log it to the controller then the controller will have to remain connected to the antenna for the entire session.

I was hoping to use blue tooth and avoid cables at most for file logging and down load to PC or data collector

Yes i agree would be best to not use the controller if the blue tooth fails half way through a data log the file is a wash........................

so lets go to the Micro SD route i thick i know you can tag a site rinex file with the point description and receiver height above the
user set rebar control point for this civil project using carlson SurvCe data collector

I would like a point description say rebarATcreek and height above point to be 2.000 m using carlson DC to manage the files being made by the GS14
as they are being made.

this will tag the file being recorded on the GS 14 with point description and height above mark.

This file will be sent to PPP/OPUS to be processed with point description and reciever above mark info in the rinex file

The next hurdle is the file down load from the GS 14 in rinex format
via i guess a cable PC to a Leica GS14 and next to a rinex conversion utility or
blue tooth no cable required and a basic Leica to rinex converter.

Regards

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 12, 2017 4:43 pm
Cameron Watson PLS
(@cameron-watson-pls)
100+ posts Registered

Peter Kozub, post: 441782, member: 375 wrote: Yes i agree would be best to not use the controller if the blue tooth fails half way through a data log the file is a wash........................

so lets go to the Micro SD route i thick i know you can tag a site rinex file with the point description and receiver height above the
user set rebar control point for this civil project using carlson SurvCe data collector

I would like a point description say rebarATcreek and height above point to be 2.000 m using carlson DC to manage the files being made by the GS14
as they are being made.

this will tag the file being recorded on the GS 14 with point description and height above mark.

This file will be sent to PPP/OPUS to be processed with point description and reciever above mark info in the rinex file

The next hurdle is the file down load from the GS 14 in rinex format
via i guess a cable to a Leica GS14 and next to a rinex conversion utility or
blue tooth no cable required and a basic Leica to rinex converter

Thanks

I'm not super experienced dealing with raw files and using OPUS but I don't think you can assign a point description or even a point number to the raw data other than in the file name. At least for OPUS you assign the antenna type and height above the mark when you upload the data file.

As far as the file type of the raw data file you should be able to manage that in your controller software when you configure it to log the raw data. I'm not familiar with the Carlson Surveyor Plus user interface but this is what it looks like on the Leica controller. You can predefine the system to log the file in RINEX format.

As far as getting the data file off the SD card, just physically take it out of the slot in the batter compartment and pop it in a card reader on your computer. Rename it whatever you like, in your case "rebarATcreek", then upload it to PPP/OPUS.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 12, 2017 4:59 pm
Peter Kozub
(@peter-kozub)
100+ posts Registered

Pulling the SD card out of a delicate holder on GS14 i would not want to do day in day out
rather just leave it there safe and secure
and use blue tooth down load

and the rinex the file to Canada PPP or USA opus

I would be a awesome science experiment to see how OPUS (USA) AND PPP (CANADA) agree gloves off

Lets get at it

Pete

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 12, 2017 7:21 pm
squowse
(@squowse)
500+ posts Registered

the gs14 has a web interface. on viva controllers there is a shortcut on the windows desktop that takes you to it.
otherwise you would type the local address into a browser on your connected controller. (or possibly a connected computer)

the web interface should allow you to set up static logging to start when the receiver is switched on, and also allow you to download the data.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 13, 2017 1:56 am
ease
 ease
(@ease)
100+ posts Registered

I have the GS15 which I think has the same style firmware as the GS14. I have it configured to log raw data always, and only put the SD card in when I want to record a raw session. I'll run a VRSRTN avg in survPC as concurrently too. I really really wish there was an easier way but I don't own, and never want to own a viva collector so this is how I'll do it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 13, 2017 3:06 am
  
Working

Please Login or Register

Javad GNSS Trade-In Program