Community Forums

Community Forums

R10-2 upgrade to R12 free?  

Page 2 / 2

John Hamilton
(@john-hamilton)
2,500+ posts

I saw my dealer yesterday, they said Trimble made the decision at the end of the year. I think it depends on if you are under an active warranty. 

(@geometrics)
FNG

Did anyone try to upgrade R10-2 to R12 like shown on video?

1 Reply
(@aksurveyor)

100+ posts

@geometrics

I did the upgrade last month.

The R10-2 to R12 was a noticeable improvement to an already fantastic machine. 

David Livingstone
(@david-livingstone)
1,000+ posts

Sounds like our dealer is coming by tomorrow and going to upgrade for us.  Looking forward to trying it out.

John Hamilton
(@john-hamilton)
2,500+ posts

Wow, glad I watched the video. My receiver is at V5.44, not 6.04. I asked the dealer, he said it needs to be at 6.04 to use ProPoint. So I need to do another step. 

David Livingstone
(@david-livingstone)
1,000+ posts

From what  I understand, if you have 5.44 you can go up to 6.04.  I just had mine updated a few minutes ago, and had 5.41 on my receivers.  The dealer actually said they made it where 6.04 doesn't show up until you update to 5.44 first.  It took a little bit of time for him to do it, maybe 2 hours but we spent quite a bit of time talking also. I also have two units.  We took them outside for just a couple of minutes and tried them out.  I of course tried to put the units in bad places, near trees and bushes etc and things seemed better, but it will probably take a few days of trying them out in the real world before I form an opinion.

Page 2 / 2
:cry:
:shutmouth:
:envy:
:silly:
:chuckle:
:whew:
:beg:
:hmm:
:idea:
:?:
:!: