Share:
Notifications
Clear all

POB Magazine Moves To New Pay-To-Play Model  

Page 3 / 7

Nate The Surveyor
(@nate-the-surveyor)
5,000+ posts

I'm getting regular emails from redit. Usually the 1st item enclosed is survey related. But, it's another "venue" of sorts, I guess. Any body else getting redit emails in their inbox?

N

hpalmer
Supporter
(@hpalmer)
100+ posts

I probably agree with most comments.  We don't do scanning, we don't do drones.  And, there is more content relative to our business right her on beerleg.  I have Clients who count windshields for their business.  I would like to think that those companies who spend the big bucks in print advertising would rethink where they should put their money.

and for Radu and others who go back to the old pob board, the information herein and between users is more important than...than infomercials.

True Corner
(@true-corner)
500+ posts

I don't read much of POB anymore because the content isn't there.  It used to be in the 1980's.  I used to read through every issue, but no more; there's simply nothing to read.  This is as about as good as it gets.

Octa-Frequency GNSS Receiver, Quad Constellations

Edward Reading
(@edward-reading)
250+ posts

Unfortunately, for the last 5 years or so, the have all been garbage. The "articles" are just ads for scanners and drones. A paywall will be the death of them. they aren't producing anything worth paying for. It is really a shame  because POB and Professional Surveyor were once great magazines.

Just A. Surveyor
(@just-a-surveyor)
1,000+ posts

I had my 15 seconds of fame in American Surveyor once but I have not read any of the 3 magazines for years for all the reasons described by all the others.

Page 3 / 7
Scroll to Top