1 Reply
Mike Marks
(@mike-marks)

500+ posts

@bstrand  Bingo!

flyin solo
(@flyin-solo)
1,000+ posts

paper copies?  no.  but i have 10 years worth of stuff in PDF on various hard drives and back-ups.

and there's always the county clerks' websites around here- i could quickly dial up dozens of plats with my name on them if needed.

MightyMoe
(@mightymoe)
5,000+ posts

No and yes, since the files are mine anyway. I'm not putting any to the side for a portfolio. There are thousands of my drawings on the interweb anyway. If anyone wants to see them. 

Take the next step in your career, PPI will get you there

Williwaw
(@williwaw)
1,000+ posts

I have only two drawings that I've personally hung on to and they rest in a drawing tube in the corner of my home office. It's a boundary survey and topo I did of my property I surveyed and drew while a starving college student using borrowed school equipment and computers/software. At the time I considered it nothing short of a miracle that I could survey, draft up the boundary and create a tin with 1' contours and breaklines from what I was learning in class. Not my prettiest work, but I did it for my best client. Now there's a recorders site and a dedicated file room chock full of my drawings and not a one of them means as much to me.

John Putnam
(@john-putnam)
1,000+ posts

For the last 22+ years I've owned my own shop and have all of my files.  Even with that, I have a stack of easements and drawings I prepared while at my former employer.  While there I did boat load of utility easements and cell tower sites, back in the beginning of the craze.  Amazingly I still refer to them on occasions.  If I was smart I'd scan the ones unusual ones for easier reference in trash the rest.  It would free up a shelf in my only remaining book case. 

Page 2 / 3
Scroll to Top