Notifications
Clear all

New Horse  

Page 1 / 2

flyin solo
(@flyin-solo)
1,000+ posts

829F02F9 8219 4733 8ABF C4720F5ED138

Just got dropped off by the big brown van.

time to get busier...

14 Replies
Jitterboogie
(@jitterboogie)
500+ posts

Fancy with the Brand new Robo Total Station Smell!

Stapoleon
(@stapoleon)
FNG

Unknown brand for me? I see a Leica TS 16 body with a Carlson display?

4 Replies
flyin solo
(@flyin-solo)

1,000+ posts

@stapoleon

yeah, it's a geomax.  which is leica.  carlson slaps their sticker on it and sells it as their own with their software built in.  it's essentially the same gun as my 2 year old TS16, which is plenty enough instrument for my needs, but when bought through carlson with a DC comes out to substantially less money than a new leica gun.  the operating format is different that the captivate i'm running on the other one, but no biggie, survPC is awfully intuitive and transparent anyways (and i've run it before).

Stapoleon
(@stapoleon)

FNG

@flyin-solo

I like the captivate software on my Leica. We bought it for the object orientation possibility.

christ lambrecht
(@christ-lambrecht)

1,000+ posts

@stapoleon

hi, do you use the Captivate linework coding? 

Can you clarify the 'object orientation possibility'?

I had a Captivate and the new GNSS rovers demo, but we're on Trimble with our workflow for years. So all info I can get is Welcome. Leica dealer here in Belgium did a good job, we talked for quite some time on the coding aspect, it's important to see the whole picture.  

flyin solo
(@flyin-solo)

1,000+ posts

@christ-lambrecht

linework in captivate is a breeze.  not sure exactly what you're asking, but the setup isn't even that bad.  i haven't run other software in a while, so i can't speak to relative ease, but in captivate it is a snap and gives the possibility to play with more variables (linetype, color, weight, etc) than i've ever even bothered with setting up.  my guess is you could effectively dump a finished cad file (as a dxf, i guess) straight out of your DC (minus text and callouts and such), if you were so inclined to do the setup.

Take the next step in your career, PPI will get you there

StLSurveyor
Supporter
(@stlsurveyor)
1,000+ posts

Please keep us posted. I have an eye on the Geomax Zoom90 if I were to ever get "furloughed" I plan to order one and start flying solo as well. 

Larry Best
(@larry-best)
500+ posts

I'm happy with my new Zoom 90 although I have nothing to compare it with. Working alone is different. I expect to have a list of comments and questions here soon. 

Page 1 / 2
Scroll to Top