Community Forums

Share:
Notifications

Mysterious line on pdf  

Page 2 / 3

Brad Ott
(@brad-ott)
2,500+ posts

Erase ALL then deselect everything left drag style...?

itsme_rankin
(@itsme_rankin)
20+ posts

It’s probably left over from the BLM’s BOGUS theory of section breakdown - 

....sorry couldn’t help myself....

2 Replies
SPMPLS
(@spmpls)

250+ posts

@itsme_rankin

Now that made me laugh!!! Good one, Rankin.

Dave Karoly
(@dave-karoly)

10,000+ posts

@itsme_rankin

SETVAR enter

CHAP3 - set to 0 or OFF enter

dgm-pls
(@dgm-pls)
100+ posts

One thing that get rid of phantom lines or objects is to thaw all that you want to keep and wblock it into a clean drawing.  You will have to do any paperspace setups and entities in a separate move so for multi sheet sets this is a pain.  I had a drawing that wouldn't let go of a deleted line once and this was the only thing that worked.

dmyhill
(@dmyhill)
1,000+ posts

Using ACAD reminds me of a bunch of villagers sitting around wondering if the rain god is going to do its thing.

Sometimes we just don't question why it does certain things. There is nothing we can do, and we just find work arounds.

I would probably just obliterate the line in the .pdf drawing and try not to say anything bad about ACAD in case it decides to frown on you again.

2 Replies
Rover83
(@rover83)

100+ posts

@dmyhill

Don't forget to sacrifice two draftsmen during the next full moon. And light a candle in the print room.

paden cash
Supporter
(@paden-cash)

5,000+ posts
Posted by: @dmyhill

Using ACAD reminds me of a bunch of villagers sitting around wondering if the rain god is going to do its thing.

Sometimes we just don't question why it does certain things. There is nothing we can do, and we just find work arounds.

I would probably just obliterate the line in the .pdf drawing and try not to say anything bad about ACAD in case it decides to frown on you again.

That is a perfect analogy.   

ps - things about Auto Cad that have made me go hmmm....I never could figger out why Acad 10 would crash if you rotated a circle about its center point and then regenerated the dwg.  I just learned to accept it.  The boss finally bought Acad 12 so it was a moot point....

Larry Scott
(@larry-scott)
500+ posts

It’s called a glitch. 

Page 2 / 3
Scroll to Top