Community Forums

Community Forums

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

MT1000 prism fell to the ground - is it broken?  

Page 1 / 2

landManJohn
(@landmanjohn)
20+ posts

I knew it might happen one day. I leaned my MT1000 against a wall and it fell in slow motion to the concrete. Doh!!!

Apart from a few scratches all seems okay. LEDs appear to be okay and no prism covers are cracked.

Is there anything I need to do to check its still in good working order?

7 Replies
freefallin1309
(@freefallin1309)
20+ posts

If no diodes are broken, and all prism glass is intact, probably just check into existing control . The diodes, if broken, will throw off your vertical accuracy a bit, even if just 1 little diode is cracked or broken. 

Stephen Ward
Supporter
(@stephen-ward)
1,000+ posts

Put it on a tribrach, shoot it, rotate till the next prism is lined up with the instrument, shoot again, continue until you have shots on each prism. Compare results. 

Take the next step in your career, PPI will get you there

landManJohn
(@landmanjohn)
20+ posts
Posted by: @stephen-ward

Put it on a tribrach, shoot it, rotate till the next prism is lined up with the instrument, shoot again, continue until you have shots on each prism. Compare results. 

I like that - great idea thanks

Stargeezer
(@beartow)
50+ posts

That's an interesting setup. Is this prism adaptable to other robots ( i.e Leica 1200 series)? I assume there is send/receive unit on the instrument end also.

2 Replies
Stephen Ward
Supporter
(@stephen-ward)

1,000+ posts

@beartow

It's called Active Track and Trimble is the only one I'm aware of that uses that system.  The MT1000 has a knob that allows you set the target ID from 1-8.  Trimble Access has a field when you set up your prism that lets you specify the target ID. You could run up to eight Trimble robots on a single site without worrying about tracking the wrong prism.

Stargeezer
(@beartow)

50+ posts

@stephen-ward

Okay, that makes sense. I thought the knob allowed channel switching like walkie-talkies. I would never have to worry about multiple prisms on a site, but active prism tracking would be nice. Especially on heavily wooded sites.

Page 1 / 2
Scroll to Top