Community Forums

Share:

Malformed 5th line in RINEX header file from Trimble NETR5. How Do we fix?  

Page 1 / 2

GISJoel
(@gisjoel)
100+ posts

Hello,

We have a Trimble NETR5, current firmware version 48.01, Active Core Engine Version 48.01 running in Denali National Park in AK.  

We don't know how this occurs. The offending line is the 5th one (example below).  There is an extra space bedore "REC # / TYPE / VERS".  This line is causing RINEX readers to crash, including teqc.  The FTP administrator has buildt a script (inserting a sed command) to clip out the stray space, but we need this fixed inside the RINEX header file. 

Can anyone tell us how to fix this - Stripping out one space so REC # / TYPE / VERS is left justified in the header.

totschunda 303/0001> more DVC1201810300000A.18O

2.11           OBSERVATION DATA    M (MIXED)           RINEX VERSION / TYPE

NetR5 48.0          Receiver Operator   30-OCT-18 00:00:00  PGM / RUN BY / DATE

CREF0001                                                    MARKER NAME

GNSS Observer       Survey Agency                           OBSERVER / AGENCY   

4626K01862          Trimble NetR5       48.01                REC # / TYPE / VERS

TRM105000.10    NONE                    ANT # / TYPE

-2424331.6558 -1461467.9751  5697003.1786                  APPROX POSITION XYZ

0.0001        0.0000        0.0000                  ANTENNA: DELTA H/E/N

1                                                WAVELENGTH FACT L1/2

7    C1    L1    S1    C2    L2    S2    P2            # / TYPES OF OBSERV

30.000                                                  INTERVAL

2018    10    30         0    0.0000000     GPS         TIME OF FIRST OBS

L2C CARRIER PHASE MEASUREMENTS: PHASE SHIFTS REMOVED        COMMENT             

L2C PHASE MATCHES L2 P PHASE                                COMMENT             

GLONASS C/A & P PHASE MATCH: PHASE SHIFTS REMOVED           COMMENT             

END OF HEADER 

Joel Cusick

Topic Tags
9 Replies
Loyal
(@loyal)
2,500+ posts

That's weird!

I would just open the file in NOTEPAD, delete the [extra] space, and then save the file as xxxxxxx_e.xx0 (_e) to indicate edited.

Just be sure that NOTEPAD doesn't add a ".txt" to the end of it.

Loyal

GeeOddMike
(@geeoddmike)
500+ posts

I understand from your posting that the problem exists when using a RINEX file and not during file creation. If that is the case, I would regenerate the RINEX file using teqc specifying the -O.rn, -O.rt, and -O.rv during the translation.  

I would expect a more definitive answer from a teqc centric site. The teqc home page is: https://www.unavco.org/software/data-processing/teqc/teqc.html#executables

Also: 

476BDA03 378C 4389 8A36 133BAF95F3D7

Paul in PA
(@paul-in-pa)
5,000+ posts

I have sent RINEX files with the .txt added to the end, and OPUS reads it to .o18 and ignores the rest. But I agree, I open all my RINEX files just to look at my data, so simple manual editing would be no big deal. Probably less work than the administrators fix.

If you absolutely need it fixed on the first go round, then contact Trimble and don't hold your breathe. I am pretty sure the teqc site would send you to Trimble. 

Paul in PA

GISJoel
(@gisjoel)
100+ posts

GeeOddMike, Paul,

Sorry if I was unclear.  We can alter the T02 file for OPUS, but I need to know how to tell the NETR5 device to stop putting a space where its clearly not wanted.   We can access the device of course through the keypad or via the web browser.  But its clear, each daily file spitting out of the NETR5 is corrupt, and we need to alter the output before it arrives on the FTP site for distribution.

Joel

Page 1 / 2