Community Forums

Community Forums

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Leica's Sprinter digital levels, any good?  

KJac
 KJac
(@kjac)
50+ posts

I'm looking to buy a digital level and the brand name and price point of the Leica Sprinter 150m and 250m are pretty appealing. Does anyone use these on a regular basis? Are they more construction-grade than survey-grade? The specs show it to be pretty accurate in comparison to the more expensive options.

5 Replies
Brad Ott
(@brad-ott)
2,500+ posts

I am curious.  I see an offer at Amazon for $100/month for twelve months from WU TECHNOLOGIES in Florida.  Anybody have experience with these folks?  I did not see a website after a quick search...

Chopping_Broccoli
(@chopping_broccoli)
50+ posts

I have a 250m and have used it quite a bit. When I bought it, it had better specs than anything close in price. Better than the Topcon/Sokia, Spectra, or Geomax units.  To get better is a huge step up in price for a Leica. 

I like it a lot. It save me from the common rod read blunders, runs a simple program that downloads a traditional looking set of level notes into an excel spreadsheet, and gives me great closures. 

No complaints whatsoever. 

1 Reply
KJac
 KJac
(@kjac)

50+ posts

@chopping_broccoli

That's good to hear. Do you know how many pins the Lemo port is? It's the round external port for transferring data, but I can't find how many pins it has anywhere in the Leica documentation. I'd like to hook up a serial to bluetooth adapter to it.

Take the next step in your career, PPI will get you there

papathvas
(@papathvas)
FNG

Using 150m for the last 5-6 years. No problems except that i can't find a way to import raw data to Leica Infinity

Chopping_Broccoli
(@chopping_broccoli)
50+ posts
C04225B9 06EF 47A3 8FEE 5503E4534D6E

5 pins. 

Scroll to Top