Community Forums

Share:

Leica Robotics Total Servo Motor  

amdomag
(@amdomag)
500+ posts

Any idea of what happens to the servo motor when I interrupt an ongoing rotation and manually rotate and point it to some other location? Thank you.

5 Replies
Eric Kara
(@eric-kara)
100+ posts

Are you physically grabbing the instrument while its rotating?  Because this could cause damage over time.  If you press "stop" and then move it, no issue. 

2 Replies
amdomag
(@amdomag)

500+ posts

@eric-kara

That's actually what I am doing. What I am not sure of is on how the system really works. In auto-aiming mode, I first rough aim the gun to the target and let TS finds the reflector. In this case, I don't have full confidence if I am interrupting or hurting the servo motor in the process as it turns out to be partially automatic. If it can be done that way, I suspect that it can also be done in outer routines like power search. This can protect the motor in any accidental disturbance. I don't know. A robotic novice here. Getting tips or advice from you guys would help me gain the expertise much faster. I just wish to learn the best practices as fast as I can. Thank you.

PLS9196
(@pls9196)

FNG

@amdomag

I'd suspect you are damaging the system, if the servo is rotating the instrument and you turn it the opposite direction, you are applying pressure to the internal parts creating the rotation, creating some form of wear to them.

MAG-EYE
(@mag-eye)
100+ posts

When the TS is in standby turn it as you wish. 

cwlawley
(@cwlawley)
250+ posts

The gears are designed in a way that it does not cause damage. 

:)
:d
:wink:
:mrgreen:
:neutral:
:twisted:
:arrow:
:shock:
:???:
:cool:
:evil:
:oops: