Community Forums

Share:

leica cable question-happy new year  

DANEMINCE@YAHOO.COM
250+ posts

I am wondering if there is an answer for experienced users of Leica 1100 series instruments. I have a GEV187 cable that orks with my data collector but it doesn't work with my Parini  bluetooth . The Bluetooth will work with a GEV186 and a GK1 as well as the data collector.  Any wiring diagrams that may explain this issue or other suggestions are welcomed Jim Frame. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT. 

3 Replies
Jim Frame
(@jim-frame)
5,000+ posts

As I recall, the GEV187 has a 9-pin dsub connector for serial I/O, while the GEV186 is all-Lemo.  What are you plugging into what?

I don't have a GEV187, but I've attached the GEV186 pinout diagram that I made years ago.

1 Reply
DANEMINCE@YAHOO.COM

250+ posts

I am trying to connect a parani sd1000 bluetooth transmitter to my 1102.  The GEV186 with a GK1 works the GEV186 cable and I am able to connect both my Archer2 data collector and the bluetooth with this cabling scheme. I have purchased a GEV187 that has a 9 pin serial on one end instead of have 3 lemo connectors. The GEV 187 works with the archer 2 but not the bluetooth and I am trying to figure out why.  thanks for your help 

tripodita
(@tripodita)
5+ posts

It may be as simple as RX/TX reversal.   Did you try a null modem adapter in front of the parini?