Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Javad Triumph-2 or Triumph-1M  

Page 1 / 2

bama7x57
(@bama7x57)
20+ posts

Looking to get a Triumph LS Base/Rover combo.

Which base would you recommend and why.

8 Replies
1 Reply
Adam
 Adam
Supporter
(@adam)

1,000+ posts

I use the Triumph 2 as my base. It is only GPS and Glonass. You will never be able to use Gallileo with it. With that said it has worked very well for me. I bought it about 4 years ago. If I were purchasing today I would go with the T1M so I could use the other constellations. 

There is another option which is using the LS as a base and a rover. You get all constellations that way without an upgrade fee.

antcrook
(@antcrook)
100+ posts

The Triumph-2 is listed as a "GIS field mapping receiver", I would go with the Triumph-1M.

toivo1037
(@toivo1037)
500+ posts

Right now that is a fairly simple to answer.

Do you want to use Gallileo or Compass?  If so, T1M.

Do you want an internal radio? If so, T1M

Do you want a cheaper, and smaller form factor?  If so T2.

Can you wait 30-60 days?  If so T3 is rumored to be out.  Specs supposed to be similar to T1M, in a chopped LS form factor.  (not clear on internal radio though)

Hop over the Javad forum.  Lots of answers over there.

xyHt Magazine -- Still absolutely free!

Shawn Billings
Member Member
(@shawn-billings)
2,500+ posts

I would recommend the Triumph-1M over Triumph-2 for a base. Like Adam I use the Triumph-2 as a base and it works very well. I like the internal radio of the Triumph-1M, which the Triumph-2 does not have (requiring an external radio). The Triumph-1M also is capable of tracking Galileo and Beidou, which the Triumph-2 is not. 

The internal radio allows you to have a simple setup for small sites. An external radio can be added for larger sites. An external radio can also be configured as a repeater to extend the range even further.

The main advantage of the Triumph-2 over the Triumph-1M is cost. Both work well, but the Triumph-1M has additional flexibility.

bama7x57
(@bama7x57)
20+ posts

Thanks for the replies.

I've been going through the Javad forum. 

Some say the addition of Galileo will not improve performance and others claim its a game changer.

Page 1 / 2
Scroll to Top