Community Forums

Share:

It always irritates me  

Page 1 / 3

ken
 ken
(@ken)
100+ posts

Out doing a lot survey today.  Day went ok.  The police showed up twice for different calls across the street at the Library.  A guy screaming at people in the parking lot. Police showed up, couldn't find him.  Hour later, two guys were in a heated argument over lasers.  I thought it might come to blows. Someone must have called the police again--they showed up.  I blew those off, just social crap.  But what really got me was the neighbor.  He came out, asking what I was up to.  He mentioned he'd like some surveying on his parcel, over on an island nearby where one would have take a ferry, said he only needed a "half hour of work." He showed me on his phone where it was.  Out near a wetland, across a country mile of brush.   Yeah, a half hour I told him.  Lol.  He didn't like my comment that nothing takes a half hour and left.  Can't please them all.  

13 Replies
spledeus
(@spledeus)
2,500+ posts

If he knows so much about surveying, why does he need you?

Brad Ott
(@brad-ott)
2,500+ posts

Yeah, I have learned that everything and anything takes at least two hours.  For example, I am now gonna tie my shoelaces...

😉

Peter Lothian
(@peter-lothian)
250+ posts

Be happy you found out his expectations before you wrote up a contract.

1 Reply
ken
 ken
(@ken)

100+ posts

Truth be told, that's why I kept chatting w/ him.   When he started off with a "it'll take you a half-hour to do it," I was just overjoyed to hear that it more likely was a two day affair--then I was overwhelmed w/ enlightening him on the process of performing such a survey and the steps.  When he processed that--his eyes got big and walked off w/ such bewilderment.  It was fun indeed.    

Field Dog
(@field-dog)
250+ posts

People think we're magicians.

2 Replies
ken
 ken
(@ken)

100+ posts

Exactly!  

JKinAK
(@jkinak)