Community Forums

Share:

How do you deal with the heat?  

Page 3 / 5

FL/GA PLS.
(@flga-pls-2-2)
2,500+ posts

Gym shorts and wife beater T-shirt. (we are on construction sites all day so we blend right in) 😎 

GeeOddMike
(@geeoddmike)
500+ posts

FBEE2396 6C06 4B92 8856 B2D3F79647E1

I will be in Helsinki starting Saturday. My solution to +110 F temperatures here in LV. Finns have punched above their weight in modern geodesy e.g. Heiskanen, Kukkamaki and Hirvonen. I believe they led the way on motorized leveling and continue world-class work in gravity and GIA monitoring and modeling. My mother’s side of the family were from Finland.

2 Replies
Williwaw
(@williwaw)

1,000+ posts

Anchorage is only about 1 degree north of Helsinki's latitude and our temperatures are normally about the same as what you posted. The Finns hit above their weight in a lot of categories besides geodesy. Just ask the Russians.

Richard Imrie
(@richard-imrie)

1,000+ posts

And they're the happiest folk in the world.

Nate The Surveyor
(@nate-the-surveyor)
5,000+ posts

Chill cloth.

Loyal
(@loyal)
2,500+ posts

84° F. here today...TOO frick'ing HOT for my liking, but I don't complain (much) until we hit high 80s/90s (when I complain a LOT).

I don't see any reason to live so close to hell that the Temps reach [well] over a 100°.

Loyal

A Harris
(@a-harris)
5,000+ posts

85°F with a heat index of 98°F
Lots of fresh well water frozen in plastic drink bottles lining the ice chest and several gallons to soak my bandanna and frogg toggs chilly bean blanket with and a large brimmed staw hat.

Page 3 / 5
:)
:d
:wink:
:mrgreen:
:neutral:
:twisted:
:arrow:
:shock:
:???:
:cool:
:evil: