Community Forums

Share:

How bad an error  

Page 1 / 4

LRDay
(@ridge)
2,500+ posts

New subdivision plat.  Four sided boundary.  Description is right.  The boundary description takes you around the boundary.  Two of the lines on the plat are flipped, North East and South East instead of  South West and North west.  Being corrected with new plotted Mylar.

How bad is this error?  Description is right and bearing distances on the map are correct just flipped bearings.

20 Replies
2 Replies
aliquot
(@aliquot)

1,000+ posts
Posted by: LRDay

New subdivision plat.  Four sided boundary.  Description is right.  The boundary description takes you around the boundary.  Two of the lines on the plat are flipped, North East and South East instead of  South West and North west.  Being corrected with new plotted Mylar.

How bad is this error?  Description is right and bearing distances on the map are correct just flipped bearings.

If I understand you correctly there is no error. Except for  the rare exception of the local jurisdictions that require a specific order to the bearings, this is entirely up to the surveyor. Sometimes a specific direction may result in having to "educate"  an attorney, local government official, or title company employee, and I know some surveyors have a specific order and direction that they like to go, but in those cases only the surveyor signing the mylar can decide how bad they think the "error" is. 

Jim in AZ
(@jamesf1)

100+ posts

Its not an error at all!

Scott Ellis
(@scott-ellis)
1,000+ posts

It is a common mistake Surveyors do, when I plotting up the deed if it does not close or just has a line going where it is not suppose to go, the first thing I check is the bearings making sure they were not flipped. 

To a Surveyor not a bad error more annoying than anything, but one that we all can make.

Peter Ehlert
(@peter-ehlert)
2,500+ posts

@lrday the Map shows 4 vectors that are actually correct? if so Then it is Not an error at all.

Perhaps unconventional labeling depending on local custom... the Lines are the Lines

Paul in PA
(@paul-in-pa)
5,000+ posts

"New Subdivision Plat"?

On most subdivision plats, only the outbounds of the entire subdivision are in what might be called order. There is no reason that very single lot must be marked in bearings such that every individual lot closes perfectly.

Please re-explain your problem.

Paul in PA

Andy Bruner
(@andy-bruner)
1,000+ posts

Around here that is called a "Scrivener's Error" and is easily corrected with re-recording the plat.

Andy

Page 1 / 4