Community Forums

Share:

Get a load of this  

Page 1 / 5

Just A. Surveyor
(@just-a-surveyor)
1,000+ posts

Fella called and said he needed a survey done before closing in 2 weeks and that it was 5.4 acres and I thought, OK that might be possible for the right price. The he said that the lot is very odd shaped and looks like a "U". I have never seen anything like this. I don't even know where to begin on trying to work up a price. I assume he has a long access easement to get to this thing.

I forgot to make it a viewable image without clicking on it.

28 Replies
1 Reply
Ethan
(@ethan)

20+ posts

A thousand an acre comes to mind...

Tommy Young
(@tommy-young)
1,000+ posts

Is it narrow enough that you could make circular traverse loop through it or are you going to have a make a U shaped traverse that looks like the boundary?

Squirltech
(@squirl)
250+ posts

Wut tha?!?!

Norman Oklahoma
(@norman-oklahoma)
2,500+ posts

I see one big squarish parcel with a square hole cut out of it. No big deal.

In any case, or the deadline like that, I wouldn't be wasting time with an estimate. It would just be a T&M thing. $5000 retainer to start.

2 Replies
Just A. Surveyor
(@just-a-surveyor)

1,000+ posts
Posted by: Norman Oklahoma

I see one big squarish parcel with a square hole cut out of it. No big deal.

In any case, or the deadline like that, I wouldn't be wasting time with an estimate. It would just be a T&M thing. $5000 retainer to start.

Brother, there is no way in heck you would get a $5k retainer around here as the top market price for the complete survey around here for that would probably be between $4k to $6k. And I can assure you some dumba$$ will do it for $3k or less.

I will not live to see the day to actually be able to get a retainer of $5k on a property such as I posted much less significantly more.  It should be noted that the four corners in the middle square are not monumented as per the original plat. Yes you read that right, the four corners surrounding the house were not set and the plat is labeled that way. 

Tommy Young
(@tommy-young)

1,000+ posts
Posted by: Just A. Surveyor
Yes you read that right, the four corners surrounding the house were not set and the plat is labeled that way.

So what was the deal, was the house a mortgage that was foreclosed?

Rankin_File
(@rankin_file)
2,500+ posts

Some kind of spite thing going on? Poorly written divorce decree?

Page 1 / 5