Community Forums

Share:

Finally Spilling the Beans on RTK GNSS  

Page 1 / 10

Roby_
(@roby_)
5+ posts

Guys,

I'm from the Robotics community and we are just beginning to widely use technology that you guys in the Surveying community have basically mastered. I've written an article about RTK GNSS including specific prices of receivers & antennas.

deepsouthrobotics.com/2017/04/20/spilling-the-beans-on-rtk/

I would love to hear your criticism.

Thanks,

Roby

Attached files

49 Replies
A Harris
(@a-harris)
5,000+ posts

Howdy Roby,
Glad to hear a new angle on RTK.

When Kris sees this he will want one for his Bobcat..........

Roby_
(@roby_)
5+ posts

A Harris, post: 424986, member: 81 wrote: Howdy Roby,
Glad to hear a new angle on RTK.

When Kris sees this he will want one for his Bobcat..........

Hi Mr. Harris, We've had a fair amount of excitement with self-driving Scag mowers, but a self-driving Bobcat sounds like a fun project Smile

Jim Frame
(@jim-frame)
5,000+ posts

Here’s a challenge: find 1 URL where either Trimble or Novatel or Leica lists the price ANY L1/L2 GPS/GLONASS receiver or antenna and allows you to purchase said component for said price.

You left out one very important player in the high-precision GNSS world: Javad GNSS. You can customize, price and buy any of their receivers (the link is to the OEM receiver page) right from the Javad website.

Roby_
(@roby_)
5+ posts

Jim Frame, post: 425004, member: 10 wrote: You left out one very important player in the high-precision GNSS world: Javad GNSS. You can customize, price and buy any of their receivers (the link is to the OEM receiver page) right from the Javad website.

Jim -- Thanks for taking the time to read the article. Can you advise the price of an L1/L2 GPS/GLONASS RTK receiver from Javad? Are they in the $450-$900 range of ComNav/Unicore? For those of us in Robotics, $500 for a solid L1/L2 GPS/GLONASS RTK (@ 10HZ output) is a huge game changer.

Page 1 / 10
:)
:d
:wink:
:mrgreen:
:neutral:
:twisted:
:arrow:
:shock:
:???:
:cool:
:evil: