Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Dog Repellant Experience?  

Page 2 / 5

Williwaw
(@williwaw)
1,000+ posts

Maybe just carry a 6' hickory walking stick. Most dogs will stop in their tracks and think twice when they see you raise that into a swinging stance. It's pretty hard to empty a can of bear spray at close range and not end up shellacking yourself in the process if the wind's in your face. I always carry beef jerky in my vest for such occasions. Haven't met a dog yet that would rather sink his teeth in me than a good chunk o' jerky. Made a lot grumpy dog friends that way.

Nate The Surveyor
(@nate-the-surveyor)
5,000+ posts

Possibly bear spray. It seems pretty strong, and comes in big sizes. It also sprays far.

N

jt1950
(@jt50)
100+ posts

there are IoS apps that are available that send ultrasonic sounds that would prevent dogs from coming close to you. I tried it on my cats and dogs and you notice that their tails go between their legs and they look uncomfortable when I turn it on so I know that it is working.

xyHt Magazine -- Still absolutely free!

James Vianna
(@james-vianna)
250+ posts

I found my machete to be a pretty effective tool the one time in 33 years i needed to use it.

1 Reply
paden cash
Supporter
(@paden-cash)

10,000+ posts
Posted by: @james-vianna

I found my machete to be a pretty effective tool the one time in 33 years i needed to use it.

You're a quicker man than I.  I've tried to nail unruly dogs with shovels, range poles, hammers, machetes and..yes even pin finders.  Never got a lick in except once with a 4' end of a range pole. 

But I cheated...I had him by the mouth with my ankle. 😉

FL/GA
Supporter
(@flga-2)
2,500+ posts

If all of the above fail, there's always this:

ol roy

😎

Page 2 / 5
Scroll to Top