Community Forums

Share:

Curb and gutter  

Page 2 / 2

Norman Oklahoma
(@norman-oklahoma)
2,500+ posts
Posted by: A Harris

Most lot corners should be at the same offset from the back of curb and block corners should fall at radius point.

Maybe in your area subdivisions are regular rectangular lots and blocks. Not so here. And what about the profile? 

Jim in AZ
(@jamesf1)
250+ posts
Posted by: A Harris

Most lot corners should be at the same offset from the back of curb and block corners should fall at radius point.

Not here...

thebionicman
(@thebionicman)
2,500+ posts

About twenty years ago we saw the platted lots snd improvements begin to separate. By now the disconnect is probably complete most places. In my opinion it has been an idiotic move.

There is no longer enough information on plan sets to stake improvements from street and lot control. Right-of-Ways are full of non-tangent curves, lot lines are not perpendicular or radial. Forget about handing a 'party chief' a set of house plans and a plat and having them stake for digging and construction.

I don't fault contractors for doing their own work. Many do it better than us, and pick up a shovel or hammer when there is nothing to stake. I do fault the Surveyors for the way we abdicated our control of platting. 

Rant off. Back to our regularly scheduled program... 

Page 2 / 2
:)
:d
:wink:
:mrgreen:
:neutral:
:twisted:
:arrow:
:shock:
:???:
:cool:
:evil: