Community Forums

Share:

Bloody Contractors  

Page 1 / 3

beuckie
(@beuckie)
100+ posts

Last monday : can you come out on thursday or friday to stake the next batch of axes.

Wednesday : we have to do some adjustemnts to the plans. You'll have them tomorrow morning

Thursday : here are the plans, has to be set before next monday, we start at 7am.

Thursday afternoon : some additional adjustments, you can go tomorrow (me : i can't something else on, i'll do it on saturday)

Saturday : no time

Sunday evening : setting out everything. All is fine

I send a txt to the contractor : it's set, he replies : nice, so they can start on wednesday 😤 😤 😤 😤 😤 

11 Replies
Murphy
(@murphy)
100+ posts

Not much you can do about it other than hit them with a "priority fee" the next time they make a similar request.  Calling out their dishonesty doesn't usually accomplish much.  

I used to get all bent out of shape about this kinda stuff until I began viewing it as an opportunity to make more money doing the same task.  Don't make it personal.

beuckie
(@beuckie)
100+ posts

I'm definitely not taking this personal. Just wanted to get it out of my chest. 😉

Priority fees don't work over here. They just go somewhere else if you start with this.

Just A. Surveyor
(@just-a-surveyor)
1,000+ posts

I try to charge extra for those "need to have rush jobs" but you can be sure some other surveyors will do it for half the regular price.

Charge all you can but I feel your pain.

beuckie
(@beuckie)
100+ posts

it needed to be done anyway but i would rather spend my sunday evening with my kids instead of a dirty construction site

1 Reply
jim.cox
(@jimcox)

500+ posts

No contractor should come before your kids - especially not a disorganised one

No contractor is worth working Sundays for - especially not a disorganised one

That sort will just continue to abuse your good nature.

Just say "No"

Page 1 / 3