Community Forums

Share:

Best way to Clean sand from TSC3 - Bottom boot area  

GISJoel
(@gisjoel)
100+ posts

Hello,

The TSC3 I'm looking at spent some time along the sandy marine coast in AK.  Opening the boots, show fine sand around the ports.Being rubberized, sand is particularly adherent to the chassis of the TSC3.  Any advice would be great on how to remove sand, and keep the particles out of the ports (USB) while doing the cleanse.

Joel

Topic Tags
5 Replies
Jerry Hastings
(@jerry-hastings)
50+ posts

Have you tried canned air or a air compressor?  I would start at a angle and see if it will let go before I went straight into it.  Good luck.

2 Replies
GISJoel
(@gisjoel)

100+ posts

I have that Jerry.  I'm not a fan of it in this case with sand tightly encased around rubber port doors.  The rubber on the TSC3 is particularly sticky  - makes for a great hand hold, but man - it grabs and holds onto sand. And then there is the open ports.

joel

VA LS 2867
(@va-ls-2867)

250+ posts

Use a vacuum with a brush attachment. Maybe a small paint brush to loosen particles beforehand.

Jerry Hastings
(@jerry-hastings)
50+ posts

Yes, I know the rubber is particularly sticky for sure.  I use a TSC3 a lot too.  The TSC1 and TSC2 do not have the same problem.  Maybe try an old toothbrush?

Brad Ott
(@brad-ott)
2,500+ posts

Plug something into the open ports first for the initial rough cleaning compressed air blowing phase.  Then get out the tweezers for the fine cleaning open port phase.  Look at the task as an opportunity for some mindful meditation. 

:)
:d
:wink:
:mrgreen:
:neutral:
:twisted:
:arrow:
:shock:
:???:
:cool:
:evil:
:oops: