Community Forums

Share:

AdirPro 360 Prism Topcon Sokkia Style  

Page 1 / 3

(@ben-davidson)
5+ posts

Does anyone have any information about the quality of the AdirPro brands, specifically their Topcon ATP1 style 360 prism (AdirPro MFG No. is 720-15)? I have the older Topcon A6 prism but would like to upgrade and this prism is about half as much (or more than half) as the Topcon brand prism.

Here is a current link as of this post but the manufacturer number is 720-15

https://www.tigersupplies.com/Products/AdirPro-TopconSokkia-Style-360%c2%b0-Prism__ADI720-15.aspx?invsrc=adwords_ts&gclid=Cj0KCQjwvLLZBRDrARIsADU6ojBNP1UwfnPT8QQhFYj38SQOZ6D380KoLNI-2u-_ji_G1YguRrx9oeEaAl3CEALw_wcB

I hope to tighten my surveys up a bit with the newer style prism as I hope it reduces the offset errors when not having the A6 perpendicular to the scope.

I see a lot of really cheap $150 +/- options on ebay as well, but those have to be junk, correct?

Thanks for any insight.

17 Replies
A Harris
(@a-harris)
5,000+ posts

I admit to purchasing some of the really cheap stuff on EBay.

Everything I have purchased did serve the purpose it was designed for very well and was just as accurate as the OEM product.

Difference was the cheap stuff was made from lesser quality materials and most OEM parts have that lasting quality of superior materials.

The cheap stuff allowed me to have equipment now and to make the money to afford better stuff.

That cheap stuff probably will not be so cheap in the near future..............

(@ben-davidson)
5+ posts

Thanks for the reply. 

I may take a chance on the AdirPro prism, afterall. 

(@ben-davidson)
5+ posts

Thanks for the reply. 

I may take a chance on the AdirPro prism, afterall. 

(@s1084h)
5+ posts

I happened to talk with the Topcon dealer this morning about this exact prism, and then came across this post... I was asking him about used options and he referenced me to this one as a possibility. He had a contractor purchase one and he went to see it in person when they put it to use, as he was curious of the quality of the build. He said it really seemed like a good prism for the price and there was about a 0.007 shift in the reading as they rotated the rod 360 degrees. I'll pry give it a shot too if I can't find an adapter to put my dome on top for my A7 prism I currently use.

Page 1 / 3