70+ Surveying Facebook Pages and Groups You Should Be Following
The following is a list of Facebook Pages and Groups of prominent groups in the surveying industry that have an active presence on Facebook. Some items may be NSFW (not safe for work) so visit them at your own risk.
This list is by no means comprehensive, it’s simply a smattering of Surveying Facebook pages I find interesting and potentially valuable or entertaining. Also note that some links may lead to closed groups, which means you'd need to request membership in order to view and/or participate.
Surveying Information / Publications
The latest industry reviews, tips, humor, and news.
- The American Surveyor Magazine
- Association of Controversial Surveying Memes
- Dank Surveying Memes
- The Field Crew
- I Love Surveying
- Land Surveying
- Land Surveyors Craft Beer Guild
- Point of Beginning Magazine
- Proud To Be A Surveyor
- Surveying Memes
- Surveyor's Life
- xyHt Magazine
Surveying Associations / Societies
Pages related to national, international and regional associations.
- American Association for Geodetic Surveying
- American Surveyors & Mappers Council
- FIG - International Federation of Surveyors
- FIG Young Surveyors Network
- NSPS - The National Society of Professional Surveyors
- Certified Survey Technicians-NSPS
- Western Federation of Professional Surveyors
- Alabama Society of Professional Land Surveyors
- Alaska Society of Professional Land Surveyors
- The Arizona Surveyor
- Arkansas Society of Professional Surveyors
- California Land Surveyors Association
- Central Valley Chapter, California Land Surveyors Association
- California Land Surveyors Association Sacramento Chapter
- San Joaquin Valley Chapter of the California Land Surveyors Association
- The Professional Land Surveyors of Colorado - PLSC
- Delaware Association of Surveyors - DAS
- Florida Surveying & Mapping Society
- Surveying and Mapping Society of Georgia (SAMSOG)
- Hawaii Land Surveyors Association
- Illinois Professional Land Surveyors Association
- Kentucky Association of Professional Surveyors
- Maryland Society of Surveyors
- Mississippi Association of Professional Surveyors
- Missouri Society of Professional Surveyors
- Nevada Association of Land Surveyors
- New Jersey Society of Professional Land Surveyors
- New Mexico Professional Surveyors
- NSPS NMPS NMSU Surveying Chapter
- New York State Association of Professional Land Surveyors, Inc.
- NC Society of Surveyors
- North Dakota Society of Professional Land Surveyors
- Professional Land Surveyors of Ohio
- Oklahoma Society of Land Surveyors
- Professional Land Surveyors of Oregon
- Oregon Young Surveyor's Network - OYSN
- Pennsylvania Society of Land Surveyors
- Rhode Island Society of Professional Land Surveyors
- South Carolina Society of Professional Land Surveyors
- SDSPLS-South Dakota Society of Professional Land Surveyors
- Tennessee Association of Professional Surveyors
- Texas Society of Professional Surveyors, TSPS
- Utah Council of Land Surveyors
- Virginia Association of Surveyors, Inc.
- Land Surveyors' Association of Washington
- WV Society of Professional Surveyors
- Association of Canada Lands Surveyors
- Queensland Spatial and Surveying Association
- International Right of Way Association
Surveying Government Agencies / Authorities
Pages related to government agencies, boards and similar entities.
- National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES)
- NOAA Coast Survey
- U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
- AR Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers & Professional Surveyors
- The Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists (California)
- North Carolina Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors
- Oregon State Board of Examiners for Engineering and Land Surveying
- Wyoming Board of Professional Engineers and Professional Land Surveyors
- The Survey Association (TSA)
Who or what did I miss? Let me know in the comments and with your help I’ll continue to update this list!
Nothing good can come from associating with FB and if the Orwellian thought police continue unabated I will abandon this forum.
Did you mean to include the NOAA/NOS Coast Survey and exclude the NOAA/NOS/National Geodetic
Survey? The Coast Survey’s work and products mostly relate to nautical charting but work cooperatively with the US NGS on products like VDATUM.