Community Forums

Share:

You Carlson Guys  

Frank Willis
(@frank-willis)
500+ posts

Reality is often unimaginable.  The next time one of you flies across the country and into a large airport in developing area, look at all the land development, and never lose sight of the fact that it is your own company who wrote the software used to design, survey and construct a large number of those developments.  It is a reality check.  I think about every time I see it, and virtually every time I load Carlson software. What you have done is develop easy-to-use, logical, common-sense, sophisticated software that is so incredibly useful, and which is a significant part of the transformation of the world.  The bottom line effect of your software is enormous--probably a lot more so than you might realize, and is much appreciated.

5 Replies
Ladd Nelson
(@ladd-nelson)
500+ posts

Your comments and continued support of the products and services offered by Carlson are very thoughtful (and appreciated), Frank! I'm sure Bruce Carlson and Dave Carlson along with SurvCE/SurvPC technical lead Sarah Winter and technical support lead Lon Watson (along with their respective teams) take great comfort in knowing that their efforts to develop the tools and further support our clients and the efforts of the IntelliCAD Technology Consortium and the Open Design Alliance are making a difference. Thank you for taking the time to share your reflections.

1 Reply
Frank Willis
(@frank-willis)

500+ posts

Ladd,

You are working for a heck of a lot better company than you were when I first chatted with you about 20 yrs ago.  😀 

Also, forgot to say that Intellicad rocks.  I dump AutoCAD after Intellicad got really stable, and I have not looked back.  The Intellicad support at Carlson, as well as the other support is absolutely tops--the best I have seen in my 45-yr career for any kind of support of anything.

Brad Ott
(@brad-ott)
2,500+ posts

I love y’all too.

Thanks Ladd for listing those most appropriate names too.

Glenn Breysacher
(@glenn-breysacher)
500+ posts

I concur 100%.

A Harris
(@a-harris)
5,000+ posts

Bruce turned me onto a new way of looking at computers and software back in 1984.

He is the man for creating such a system and having a hoard of helpers along the way.

Back then, when you called, Bruce answered the phone and walked me thru the details and would take time to ask what features would help my day go better.

🍻