iGage IG8

Community Forums

***No System Variable Has Changed***  

RSS

imaudigger
(@imaudigger)
2,500+ posts Member
September 30, 2016 10:35 am  

Nice use of my command line. Anybody else getting these messages when using Carlson 2017?

ReplyQuote
Ladd Nelson
(@ladd-nelson)
500+ posts Member
September 30, 2016 3:46 pm  

imaudigger, post: 393345, member: 7286 wrote: Nice use of my command line. Anybody else getting these messages when using Carlson 2017?

Presuming you're using Carlson 2017 as an add-on to either AutoCAD 2016 or AutoCAD 2017, I found this "System Variable Changed" knowledgebase article. Adjusting the value for the SYSMON variable should allow you to set the desired level of command feedback.

--
Ladd Nelson
Carlson Software

ReplyQuote
BlitzkriegBob
(@blitzkriegbob)
100+ posts Member
September 30, 2016 4:05 pm  

Ladd is correct. It's not a function of Carlson, but of Autocad, beginning with 2016. Besides the knowledge network he links, this may be a more thorough explanation.

On a side note from that link, down in the comments, Nicole Morris is an old Autocad protege of mine. Probably the sharpest student I ever had. She went on to be a presenter at Autodesk University for many years. She was also on one of my field crews, tail chaining like a pro!

Get busy living or get busy dying.

Andy Dufresne

ReplyQuote
Tom Wilson
(@tom-wilson)
250+ posts Member
October 1, 2016 9:05 am  

Wow, thanks for the information. I just installed Carlson 2017 yesterday but I am running it on AutoCAD C3D 2013. I was considering installing my C3D 2016 (the last one I will own, told Autodesk to take a hike) to be all up to date but I guess that may not be a good idea.

T.W.

ReplyQuote
BlitzkriegBob
(@blitzkriegbob)
100+ posts Member
October 2, 2016 6:24 pm  

Tom Wilson, post: 393480, member: 247 wrote: Wow, thanks for the information. I just installed Carlson 2017 yesterday but I am running it on AutoCAD C3D 2013. I was considering installing my C3D 2016 (the last one I will own, told Autodesk to take a hike) to be all up to date but I guess that may not be a good idea.

T.W.

I wouldn't use this as an excuse to not upgrade. It doesn't pop up all that often, and it's really not an issue. I noticed it the first time or two when I got the message, but don't notice it at all any more. It probably is a good thing to have that command available. C3D 2016 is better than C3D 2013 IMHO.

Get busy living or get busy dying.

Andy Dufresne

ReplyQuote
imaudigger
(@imaudigger)
2,500+ posts Member
October 3, 2016 10:36 am  

So..........system variable changed...no system variable changed....WHICH IS IT!?

ReplyQuote

PPI Curated Bundles -- Everything you need to pass

Stephen Ward
(@stephen-ward)
1,000+ posts Member
October 3, 2016 1:05 pm  

As long as I've used the various versions of AutoCAD, settings get magically changed. Bringing in a drawing from somebody else, loading piggy back applications, or exiting in the middle of a routine are all common culprits. At least now there's a way to monitor it and change them back.

Never let someone owe you more than you can afford to lose.

ReplyQuote
Javad GNSS

Working

Please Login or Register