Community Forums

GOOGLE EARTH FOR DUMMIES  

RSS

warren ward PLS CO OK
(@warren-ward-pls-co-ok)
100+ posts Member
January 8, 2019 12:56 pm  

I do not normally deal with Google Earth in my work, so have no experience in putting my drawings onto a google earth map. 

What is the best way to do this for a client that is asking for it? I have Carlson 19, my autocad survey is on NAD83 ground level coordinates. 

thanks in advance!

ww CO & OK PLS

Have a nice day! Or, may your monument prevail over some guy's touchscreen.

ReplyQuote
Norman Oklahoma
(@norman-oklahoma)
2,500+ posts Member
January 8, 2019 1:00 pm  

Can't help you with Carlson. But in C3d the command is EXPORTKML. For it to work you have to have the drawing set up in the appropriate grid zone. Appropriate to the coordinates you are using, that is. 

"Convention is like the shell to the chick, a protection till he is strong enough to break it through." Learned Hand

Squirltech liked
ReplyQuote
Guy Townes
(@guy-townes)
50+ posts Member
January 8, 2019 1:02 pm  

Under the "file" tab there should be something like "export to a google earth" or export to kml file"

ReplyQuote
Sergeant Schultz
(@sergeant-schultz)
500+ posts Member
January 8, 2019 2:33 pm  

File>Polyline File>Write Polyline File

or on command line

polywrite

Zwei weitere Biere, bitte

ReplyQuote
Bill93
(@bill93)
5,000+ posts Member
January 8, 2019 4:03 pm  

Google Earth registration to actual coordinates is variable, but has gotten much better for my area in the last few years.  They seem to be on WGS84/IGS and it is good enough to see improvement by making the NAD83 to WGS84/IGS conversion.

ReplyQuote
Tim Reed
(@tim-reed)
100+ posts Member
January 11, 2019 9:57 am  

If your drawing is scaled to ground I don't think it will work.  If the base point of your scale factor is 0,0 then you will notice a significant shift.  If the drawing was scaled about some point on site then it might look ok.

ReplyQuote

Resolve to Get Licensed - Save 15% on Almost Everything

iGage Static GPS - GNSS Receivers

Working

Please Login or Register