Javad GNSS

Community Forums

Find-A-Control iPhone Ap...  

RSS

Dave Reynolds
(@dave-reynolds)
100+ posts Member
March 13, 2018 10:07 am  

Find-A-Control is/was a great iPhone application for accessing NGS data sheets for control monuments.  It was apparently rendered obsolete by the latest iOS 11 upgrade for  iPhone. The message I get when trying to open it says it needs to be updated by the developer and that hasn't happened for several years.

Anyone know of anything similar??

ReplyQuote
Trundle
(@trundle)
50+ posts Member
March 13, 2018 10:57 am  

I don't know how well it works on a phone, but there is a google Earth plugin that finds NGS control stations around a point (you can filter for veritcal, horizontal, etc). It takes a few times to get used to it (I think it requires more clicks than it should) but it is really handy. I can send to you if you want. 

ReplyQuote
Dave Reynolds
(@dave-reynolds)
100+ posts Member
March 13, 2018 11:18 am  
Posted by: Trundle

I don't know how well it works on a phone, but there is a google Earth plugin that finds NGS control stations around a point (you can filter for veritcal, horizontal, etc). It takes a few times to get used to it (I think it requires more clicks than it should) but it is really handy. I can send to you if you want. 

Yes, please and thank you!

ReplyQuote
Scotland
(@scotland)
500+ posts Member
March 13, 2018 4:18 pm  

Go to your app store and look for benchmap.  Not sure if there is a ios version.

Scott Weese

Professional Land Surveyor : Shields Survey Ltd. Co. : Raton, NM 87740 : http://www.shieldssurvey.com
(575)445-1232 [office] ~ (575)445-3648 [fax] ~ (575)447-2230 [cell]

ReplyQuote
Bill93
(@bill93)
2,500+ posts Member
March 13, 2018 8:09 pm  

I believe Mike, who did BenchMap, posted that he did not do iOS development. I really like it on Android.

ReplyQuote
Dave Reynolds
(@dave-reynolds)
100+ posts Member
March 14, 2018 8:46 am  

Benchmap doesn't show up under an iOS ap search. 

I don't generally like updates and this is one of the reasons. The app worked just fine, i.e. didn't need to be updated. My iPhone worked fine before the update to iOS 11. The only reason (and it's a good reason) that I update is for the security enhancements.

The find-a-control app was a good one! It let you access NGS data sheets in the field. It showed control points that were in the proximity of the  phone and it had photos of the control points and vicinity.

GISJoel and Brad Ott liked
ReplyQuote

Precision Geosystems, Where Precision Meets Value.

FIG Young Surveyors Network

Working

Please Login or Register