Community Forums

Share:

PPK results with Phantom 4 Pro v.2  

Page 2 / 4

spledeus
(@spledeus)
2,500+ posts

Very interested but worried that the dji care refresh is invalidated with this augmentation.

andrewm
(@andrewm)
100+ posts

Lee, what kind of results do you get with zero GCPs?

leegreen
(@leegreen)
1,000+ posts

Andrew,

The results I posted is virtually zero GCP's. The drone creates the initial point, which is used for a single GCP calibration.

Just like any use of static GPS, it is very important to place your Base in an area with wide open sky.  At my office, there are a lot of large White Pine trees over 80ft tall. I launched a test mission with the base getting just 5 US and 4 Glonass SV's. The PPK post-processing produced all float positions. Rendering the data useless. But fortunately I had three GCP's, the launch point, and two painted cross's on pavement. Along with the BASE as a check point. This salvaged the entire project. Proving it is important to have at least three GCP's on all projects.

andrewm
(@andrewm)
100+ posts

Thanks Lee. I’m trying to evaluate what kind of results to expect in areas where placing targets is difficult or unsafe for various reasons. 

leegreen
(@leegreen)
1,000+ posts

I find that we always need to leave a few control points for a survey baseline. These points don't need to be around the perimeter, just have them a few hundred feet apart. I like to paint a cross on the highway, leaving a PK nail in the center.

Page 2 / 4
:)
:d
:wink:
:mrgreen:
:neutral:
:twisted:
:arrow:
:shock:
:???:
:cool:
:evil: