PPK results with Phantom 4 Pro v.2
For the past month I have been working with Cody Remington founder at BAAM Tech
They sell and install a $2500 PPK kit for any DJI Phantom 4 and Inspire 2. The system utilizes GPS L1/L2, GLONASS G1/G2, BeiDou B1/B2, Galileo E1/E5b and SBAS constellations. They include a software for post-processing the RINEX log files from your Survey grade base station and the log file from the sUAS system.
The process is very simple, here is a brief step by step;
- You set up your GNSS base receiver to log static data at 1-second epochs.
- Place the sUAS with PPK system on the center of the Iron Cross aerial target (supplied with the system from BAAM Tech). This stores the initial point of the PPK as your single calibration point.
- Launch your sUAS mission. The system triggers the camera to synchronize with the static log file. All static data is stored in the included USB drive on the system. The PPK receiver uses the drone power supply, so no additional charging.
- The Post-processing software from BAAM Tech computes the Lat/Lon/Ell and replaces the GeoTag for each photo of your aerial mission.
- Mark only the launch point on 5 photos in Pix4d, and process.
Here is a snippet of accuracy report from Pix4d.
Complete Pix4d report.
Lee, it would be worthwhile repeating step 2 at the end of each flight as a check that all was well.
Lee, thanks for the information. I'm definitely interested in this. How long did your static run in the this project example? If you didn't put out the other targets as checkpoints, you could complete this entire mission in way less than an hour. Does the static need to run for a minimum amount of time to achieve these accuracies?
Great Post Lee, Thank you for sharing.
Thanks for posting this Lee and once again it was good talking with you. I sent my P4P in today and am already anxiously awaiting its return.