iGage IG8

Community Forums

PHANTOM 4 TABLET APP  

RSS

J. T. Strickland
(@j-t-strickland)
250+ posts Registered
January 11, 2018 6:17 pm  

Anyone have any recommendations on the best Apple app for collecting drone pics with?

Some of the ones that I've looked at are free.

ReplyQuote
leegreen
(@leegreen)
1,000+ posts Registered
January 12, 2018 4:04 am  

Best free app is Pix4D Mapper for IOS and Android

Best Paid app Map Pilot by Drones Made Easy for IOS only

Map Pilot cost about $25 and includes great features like:

• Multi-battery management. Not limited to a single battery.  Planning mode suggests how many batteries are needed. If flight the bird with return to home for battery swap, then continue mission
  • Log File review on the device via Google Earth
  • Basemap Caching for Offline Operations
  • Line of Sight Indicator
  • Terrain Aware to stay a uniform altitude above the ground. If have hills and rolling terrain. You can parallel the ground, not just stay a constant altitude
  • Save/Edit Missions

~LeeGreen.com
Licensed Surveyor in NY
sUAS Remote Pilot

Mark Flora liked
ReplyQuote
Mark Flora
(@mark-flora)
50+ posts Registered
January 12, 2018 5:26 am  

Drone Deploy is also a decent app although not as good as the two that Lee had mentioned.

The Pix4D app would be my pick if they could ever figure out the multi-battery management for IOS. They keep saying that this update is coming, but it never does.

ReplyQuote
J. T. Strickland
(@j-t-strickland)
250+ posts Registered
January 12, 2018 5:48 am  

The Map Pilot App sounds like it would be definitely worth the few bucks to buy it.

ReplyQuote
thebionicman
(@thebionicman)
2,500+ posts Registered
January 12, 2018 10:34 am  

Map Pilot has a nice add on for linear missions. We just discovered that it stops working when the Ipad impacts the pavenent at 45 mph. Long story...

CFedS, PLS ID-OR-WA-UT-NV

ReplyQuote
J. T. Strickland
(@j-t-strickland)
250+ posts Registered
January 12, 2018 3:07 pm  

Wow, it might not be a bargain after all! I don't want to fly in any cumulus bitumen.
Going to take my test Tuesday. There's a lot more to this than I thought at first, but I'm not getting any younger, and would like to have it in my tool box.
You can get the regular version of Map Pilot for about $10, or the Business model for about $40, which has all the options unlocked. I will probably go with the business model, and will have all it offers at a discounted rate from purchasing them all.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register

Geo-Tronics.com SALES, SERVICE & SUPPORT