Community Forums

Share:

DJI Phantom 4RTK  

Page 2 / 2

barnumb2
(@barnumb2)
FNG

I have been using the Phantom 4 RTK with Aeropoints from Propeller.  The process of attaching the RINEX file and getting adjusted image tags through the propeller platform is quite smooth.  You can also use a RINEX generated from a standard base station in the propeller platform as well.  You must start your survey before your flight and end after you have landed otherwise the platform wont apply the adjusted tags.  Once you have your adjusted PPK tags, depending on what software you use to process your images you will have to determine what workflow best.  I use Pix4D and have developed a fairly robust workflow to best utilize the adjusted tags.

amdomag
(@amdomag)
500+ posts

Any idea of the RTK complete kit? Thank you.

detritalgeo
(@detritalgeo)
50+ posts

Over on the Emlid forum there are a few people who have started to test out the ASHOT and TEOKIT as an RTK surveying kit add-on to the P4Pro.

I think they are also using the Emilid M+, however I would love to implement the new dual frequency M2.

1 Reply
SurveyorJosh
(@surveyorjosh)

5+ posts

@detritalgeo

Ya, same. Do you know of anyone that makes a kit for this?

Tuffwing has a kit for the emlid M+, but the new emlid M2 uses a different antenna.

http://www.tuffwing.com/products/Phantom_Reach_PPK_Integration_kit.html

gfperry
(@gfperry)
5+ posts

I am curious why you think the RTK drone has a workflow advantage? Typically you are going to need ground shots on almost any site, so why not set your targets and survey them in the conventional way and then fly the sight.  Even with an RTK drone I would want at least as many check shots to verify the processed data is accurate and that would require highly visible targets.  Also, I do not understand the workflow advantage of the Aeropoints over settings targets using a ground based RTK setup.  

1 Reply
SurveyorJosh
(@surveyorjosh)

5+ posts
Posted by: @gfperry

I am curious why you think the RTK drone has a workflow advantage? Typically you are going to need ground shots on almost any site, so why not set your targets and survey them in the conventional way and then fly the sight.  Even with an RTK drone I would want at least as many check shots to verify the processed data is accurate and that would require highly visible targets.  Also, I do not understand the workflow advantage of the Aeropoints over settings targets using a ground based RTK setup.  

You're right it doesn't really have a workflow advantage if you already have access to a total station or survey grade GPS equipment, which most on this site will already have. This is why I still use the P4P and have not purchased the RTK model. For the price of an RTK drone you could pick up a brand new iG8 rover on a network or a static iG4 and do OPUS RS. Im sure theres other reliable cheap recivers out there as well. I honestly think alot of it is the P4P looks like a toy and poeple want a more professional drone, but the matrice 210, inspire 2, etc. would use an zenmuse X4s and wont really out perform the P4p since it is basically the same camera anyway with much more money sunk into it. In my opinion the best thing to do right now is to wait and see what comes out next and keep on keeping on with the P4P. DJI isnt making phantoms anymore besides the RTK model from what I can tell. Prices of parts are going up on ebay now. I heard production is going to come back, but you cant buy anything new anywhere that I can find.  

Page 2 / 2
:)
:d
:wink:
:mrgreen:
:neutral:
:twisted:
:arrow:
:shock:
:???:
:cool:
:evil: