Community Forums

Share:

Forum Updates: 2018-10-05  

RSS
Wendell
(@wendell)
2,500+ posts Admin

Here's a few more updates almost exactly one month since the last round. This time, however, the updates are relatively minor but they do offer some enhancement to the overall forum. If anything looks a little odd, you may need to refresh your browser cache.

Topic Footers

The topic footers have been enhanced to show related posts based on tags. This is where topic tags become useful -- if you associate specific tags when you start new topics, you contribute to our tag ecosystem. As more tags are used, the more often you'll see "Related Topics" in the topic footer area that are appropriate to the topic you are currently viewing.

We've also added some live statistics to the topic footers that show users who are currently viewing that topic, and those who've recently visited.

topic footer

Forum and Topic Viewers

You'll now see how many other people are viewing forums and topics.

forum viewing

Popular Tags

We've added a Popular Tags cloud to the home page under the Community Summary section.

popular tags

Plus a few miscellaneous bugs were squashed. 🙂

This topic was modified 6 months ago 3 times by Wendell
Posted : October 5, 2018 1:30 pm
Angel and A Harris liked
Jim Frame
(@jim-frame)
5,000+ posts Member

I don't know if it's considered a bug or not, but I've noticed an inconsistency in the presence of the Recent Posts link in the area at the bottom of the page (below the Forum Statistics bar).  Sometimes it's there, other times it's not.

Jim Frame
Frame Surveying & Mapping
609 A Street
Davis, CA 95616
framesurveying.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 5, 2018 10:20 pm
Brad Ott liked
Wendell
(@wendell)
2,500+ posts Admin

Yeah, the stats box has been doing weird things. Just when I think I've fixed it, it wigs out again. And it's so random...

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 5, 2018 10:26 pm
In The Sandpit
(@in-the-sandpit)
50+ posts Member

Wendell,

Did you ever manage to bring Tapatalk functionality to the current setup?

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 7, 2018 12:43 am
Wendell
(@wendell)
2,500+ posts Admin

No, and it's not likely to ever happen. Sorry. ?

https://rplstoday.com/community/support-bug-reports/taptalk-mobile-app-not-working-today/#post-465639

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 7, 2018 12:58 am