Community Forums

Share:

Office Worker in NJ  

RSS
WorkerBee
(@bee)
5+ posts Member

Hello!  I'm an office worker for a surveying company in New Jersey.  I draft, write legal descriptions, file old purchased records, and (sometimes) perform customer service work.  I stumbled across this forum one day while having an issue with IntelliCAD.  I hope to learn some tips and tricks from you guys.

Posted : February 7, 2019 7:12 am
RADAR and Brad Ott liked
Brad Ott
(@brad-ott)
2,500+ posts Member

Welcome.

Beer Leg dot com R O C K S ! !
If you find this forum valuable, then click here https://rplstoday.com/donate/

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 7, 2019 7:32 am
Hblair
(@hblair)
100+ posts Member

Welcome.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 7, 2019 7:58 am
Norman Oklahoma
(@norman-oklahoma)
2,500+ posts Member

Tell us about "file old purchase records". What is that?

"Convention is like the shell to the chick, a protection till he is strong enough to break it through." Learned Hand

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 7, 2019 8:07 am
WorkerBee
(@bee)
5+ posts Member

For example, my boss purchased records from a surveyor's estate - this gentleman had done work from the '40s through the early '70s.  One of the things I do is go through these old surveys and locate them on the tax map, label them with the (current) address, scan them if the original is damaged or fragile, and file them with our existing jobs.  It's something that needs to be done, but our field guys have more important things to be doing, and we're short on interns/college kids in the winter months, so I help out.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 7, 2019 8:16 am
Brad Ott
(@brad-ott)
2,500+ posts Member
Posted by: WorkerBee

For example, my boss purchased records from a surveyor's estate - this gentleman had done work from the '40s through the early '70s.  One of the things I do is go through these old surveys and locate them on the tax map, label them with the (current) address, scan them if the original is damaged or fragile, and file them with our existing jobs.  It's something that needs to be done, but our field guys have more important things to be doing, and we're short on interns/college kids in the winter months, so I help out.

This is important and valuable work.  Kudos.

Beer Leg dot com R O C K S ! !
If you find this forum valuable, then click here https://rplstoday.com/donate/

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 7, 2019 11:40 am
RADAR and WorkerBee liked

Take the next step in your career, pass your licensure exam with PPI2Pass