Community Forums

Share:

hello to all m  

RSS
medo badr
(@medo-badr)
FNG Member

hello everyone,
I'm from Egypt and just moved to Maine, US. I'm a surveyor with 8 years of experience overseas. after research I found to get a licensed as a land surveyor here, first I have to take the FS exam then after two years I can take another exam calls PS.  I start now to collect some information and data for FS exam. I wish u guys could help to provide some information and materials for this exams. 
thanks 

Posted : November 8, 2019 5:04 am
Topic Tags
One cup o joe
(@one-cup-o-joe)
50+ posts Member

Start with the the State Surveyors Society MSLS.org. They should be able to point you in the right direction

Relax..no one gets out alive!

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 8, 2019 8:32 am
Norman Oklahoma
(@norman-oklahoma)
2,500+ posts Member

After you have passed the FS and the PS, the State of Maine will have a 3rd test for you to pass. Every state has it's own rules and requirements but they are generally along the same lines.  For example Maine may, or may not, credit you for any formal education you may have completed in Egypt.

But don't let that stop from getting out there and getting to work. You don't need to be licensed while working for someone who is. And the business is very active these days. Everyone seems to be looking for good help. 

I suppose that working as a surveyor through a Maine winter would be something to write the folks back in Egypt about. Through it all remember, Spring is just around the corner!   

Welcome to the US.

"Convention is like the shell to the chick, a protection till he is strong enough to break it through." Learned Hand

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 8, 2019 9:24 am
Nate The Surveyor
(@nate-the-surveyor)
5,000+ posts Member

@norman-oklahoma

Maine winters are worth writing home about! Include some pics too! 

Welcome to the forum.

Nate

Surveying is more than a Job----it is a passion to provide a foundation for future generation, that is beyond reproach.

Nate

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 8, 2019 5:52 pm
Murphy
(@murphy)
100+ posts Member

Your first step will be the application process.  Start the process immediately.  The administrator I dealt with was lazy, rude, and incompetent, (but I repeat myself).  You may have to go through a time consuming appeal process to get approval of your experience.  Be sure to get your application to Maine the first week that they accept them in case they request a change or additional information.  Maine will perform a background check on you, I would expect this to take longer than is typical.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 11, 2019 3:27 am
:)
:d
:wink:
:mrgreen:
:neutral:
:twisted:
:arrow:
:shock:
:???:
:cool: