Community Forums

Community Forums

Trimble Survey Cont...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Trimble Survey Controller & RTN -- How To Store Vectors?  

Page 1 / 2

Jim Frame
(@jim-frame)
5,000+ posts

I've been asked to assist a colleague on a large boundary project.  His crews will be using TSC (not sure which version) with R8 (I think) receivers on a Trimble RTN, and I want to be sure that they store vectors, not just coordinates, so I can fold everything into a single adjustment.  Any tips on setting up the data collectors for this?  I have a vague recollection that Trimble needs QC1 and QC2 enabled to accomplish this, but it's been some years since I've touched a Trimble data collector.

Thanks!

7 Replies
Dave Olander
(@dave-olander)
FNG

There is a setting in the survey style for this and I'm pretty sure it is the same for the TSC3 and TSC7. You will be setting up an RTK survey style and under Rover Options there is an option for "Store Points As". The default is Vectors.

I don't know why someone would do it any other way.

Also, the broadcast format for the Trimble Network will likely be VRS (CMR or RTCM).

sur04
(@sur04)
20+ posts

If you are using Trimble Access, from the main Access menu go to settings, survey styles and choose the style that you will be working with. Next, in rover options there should be an option to change your settings such as survey type, broadcast format, elevation mask, pdop mask, etc. This is the screen where you change how to store your point. This is where you choose to store your point as a vector. Hope this is what you are looking and it helps.

Take the next step in your career, PPI will get you there

Jim Frame
(@jim-frame)
5,000+ posts
Posted by: @sur04

If you are using Trimble Access

Alas, they're using Survey Controller, so an Access workflow may not be useful, but I'll see what I can find out.

John Hamilton
(@john-hamilton)
2,500+ posts

Survey Controller is very similar to Access. What you need to do is under the survey style you will use, under topo point and/or observed control point, enable "Store as vector" or something similar to that. Also, turn on QC1 and QC2. I don't remember exactly the choice, but also be sure to choose VRS(RTK) or something similar as the broadcast format. There is a difference in that it will either store the vector from the nearby "virtual" base or from the nearest physical CORS, the latter is what you want. 

Page 1 / 2
Scroll to Top