Community Forums

Trimble R10 without...

Share:

Trimble R10 without internal radio trying to use as rover (using radio)  

Page 1 / 2

I. Ben Havin
(@i-ben-havin)
250+ posts

Has anyone ever tried to use an R10 without internal radio as a rover (base & rover with radios)? For example, can a hang on small uhf radio be used? Also, can an internal radio be installed into an R10 that never had an internal radio? Any idea of costs? Thanks

8 Replies
Lee D
(@lee-d)
1,000+ posts

I didn't know you could even buy an R10 without a radio but yes you should be able to get one put in it. I don't know the cost, contact your local Trimble dealer.

You can definitely use an external radio, I'd probably go with a small Pacific Crest just because I know that's going to work with a minimal amount of fuss and bother.

Lee D
(@lee-d)
1,000+ posts

It would probably be a larger up front expense to put in an internal radio but I think it would be worth it in the long run just because it's one less thing to mess with, no need for cable or external device, etc.

MightyMoe
(@mightymoe)
5,000+ posts

That's a new one for me. I was told you could only buy R10's with a radio installed, some can transmit some can only receive. Are you sure it isn't one with a damaged radio?

Lee D
(@lee-d)
1,000+ posts

The R10 came out while I was still in sales, as far as I knew all of them had radio boards that could transmit and receive.

Page 1 / 2