Community Forums

Trimble DL App & Lo...

Share:

Trimble DL App & Logging Static  

Page 2 / 2

gbunk
(@gbunk)
20+ posts

Well that's stupid recording to the app (and hence needing to leave your phone at the unit).

Today I tested the app with the R6 and it let me do everything except record. It kept saying "PDOP Unavailable" which I think is Trimble secret code for "your firmware is too old".

I then tried using Survey Pro to start & stop a static session and it worked perfectly. It didn't interrupt my RTK session with the other unit was pretty logical with the workflow. I had installed Fast Survey (Carlson SurCE in disguise) as a demo, but it doesn't have any Trimble units in its listing. 

-Garry

3 Replies
Scotland
(@scotland)

500+ posts

PDOP is The Position Dilution of Precision (PDOP) is likely one of the most critical GPS AutoTrac values to monitor. As the PDOP value increases, both the horizontal and vertical precision (guidance accuracy) of your data points decreases.

gbunk
(@gbunk)

20+ posts

Scott, yes I know. It was meant to be a joke. Clearly the app should have shown me PDOP as it was showing that I was tracking 14 satellites.  

-Garry

Scotland
(@scotland)

500+ posts

Sorry...  I didn't pick up on the joke.

I've used the DL app once.  Just started the reciever up.  Most have been setup to record once turned on.  You have to stop the recording to retrieve the file.   So power down and back on.  Connect DL and choose the file and email it.

thebionicman
(@thebionicman)
2,500+ posts

I used Trimble DL to perform static for almost 2 years. It never 'stored to the app'.

Lee D
(@lee-d)
1,000+ posts

You can easily configure the R6 to start logging when powered up regardless of the firmware version.

Page 2 / 2