Share:
Notifications
Clear all

TBC & OPUS Extended Output Import ?  

Page 1 / 2

WildT2
(@wildt2)
100+ posts

If anyone here has written or found an import format for TBC to make use of the vectors within the OPUS extended output, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. Thank you.

18 Replies
Husker796
(@husker796)
5+ posts

Does drag and drop not work? Seems to work for everything else. Never used the extended solution but it works for xml. 

1 Reply
WildT2
(@wildt2)

100+ posts

@husker796, try dropping an OPUS email into TBC ... 😉

Loyal
(@loyal)
2,500+ posts

I wrote a QB45 (BASIC) program many years ago to extract the G-File data (vector data) from the the OPUS Extended Output Report. The program generated a 3x3 covariance matrix for each vector, and wrote a Columbus input file (text). I used it quite a bit, but after OPUS_Projects came out, not so much. I still fire it up from time to time to compile multiple OPUS_Static observations on long term project control (RTK Base Stations). To be honest, I have found that averaging multiple OPUS_Static (6-10 hour) solutions, returns the same "answer" as Least Squaring them (+/- a mm or so). 

Besides which, I believe that Columbus has had the capability of reading the OPUS Extended Output File (text) for quite some time now (although I have never tried it).

Loyal

2 Replies
WildT2
(@wildt2)

100+ posts

@loyal, so you're saying you're gonna write this import into TBC for me friend?  😉

Loyal
(@loyal)

2,500+ posts

@wildt2

I'm retired (more or less) and my programs won't run on these new machines. Besides which, I don't have ant idea what kind of file TBC would need. Hell, I can't believe that TBC can't just read the OPUS Extended report...(Oh wait, does the 'T' stand for Trimble 😆 )

Visit NLC Prep Today!

Mark Silver
Vendor
(@mark-silver)
500+ posts

Checkout

https://www.ngs.noaa.gov/data/formats/GVX/index.shtml

Not complete, but timely.

FairleyWell
Supporter
(@fairleywell)
50+ posts

I know that Trimble is/was working with NGS on the GVX format.  As soon as the format is finalized, it should be available as an import into TBC.  Until then, the XML is probably your best bet.  

Page 1 / 2
Scroll to Top